Are you energized by the challenge of shaping and accelerating the discovery and engineering of enzymes for use in research, development and manufacturing? If so, this Molecular Biologist opportunity in our Synthetic Biochemistry Team could be an exciting opportunity to consider.
As a Molecular Biologist you will be responsible for providing advanced biology expertise to an interdisciplinary team, enabling design and generation of mutant enzyme libraries as part of our Enzyme Engineering Group.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Work closely with bioinformatics scientists to acquire and design mutant enzyme libraries
- Utilize high throughput cloning technology to c onstruct , and op timize high-throu ghput protein expression in various microbial host organisms
- Wo rk closely with assay scientists to identify and resolve barriers to protein evolution
- Exhibit flexibility, being open to new ways of working across multi-disciplinary teams
- Liaise with scientists & external collaborators at all levels . Conduct scientific work programs and make contributions both independently or as a member of a team with other R&D staff
- Generate conclusion reports, present data in team meetings & participate in writing of abstracts & publications
- Keep up to date on relevant scientific literature and apply those learnings for technology development and project related work
- Maintain customer focus, data integrity , and demonstrate a high degree of urgency
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- MS in Molecular Biology or related field with 5+ years relevant experience, preferably industrial, or Ph.D. with 1-2 years releva nt experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, displaying excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Familiarity with next-generation DNA sequencing, high-throughput liquid handling and automation equipment
- Experience optimizing enzyme expression, especially for high-throughput applications
- Knowled ge of standard bioinformatic s and structural analysis tools
- Understanding of directed evolution approaches including both random and rational methods
- Proficiency in modern molecular biology techniques
- Demonstrated expertise with microbial protein expression systems
- Experience with synthetic biology and enzyme engineering techniques
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record