Are you looking for a highly visible and strategic role that broadens your capabilities? If so this Publications Lead role could be an ideal opportunity for you.
Reporting into the Office of the CMO, the Publications Lead, US
will support publication planning and provide robust governance oversight for GSK Publications in the US. The role is accountable to ensure delivery on established publication plans, in a timely manner according to plan prioritization, available resources and following GSK policies, good publication practices and highest standards of transparency. The role will directly report into the Head of Regional Publications.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the US Data Dissemination plan (DDP) with decision making power on the publication plan for publication ethics and medical governance aspects.
- Monitoring the publication budget,
- Overseeing the delivery of publications activities in a timely manner and according to asset priorities in a matrix model
- Local peer-reviewed publications of Clinical/EPI/HE/MA/safety
- Cross-project oversight at region/LOC level with alignment to global assets accordingly
- To contribute and support the project strategic objectives in partnership with the project/regional/LOC stakeholders (e.g. GAP analysis in collaboration with MA/LOCs)
- Be the single point of contact (interface) for US-related publications for stakeholders and in relevant meetings.
- Ensure appropriate update and regular communication of plans to stakeholders.
- Provide feedback/information to team members on projects and regional/local activities
- Accountable for publication level risk assessment and escalation. Mitigate risks related to publication planning and delivery (Policy timings, full disclosure, ethics and medical governance)
- Act as Company Project Chief Editor for key publications:
- Critical review of the scientific content to ensure high quality and ethics
- Standardization & improvement of publications processes
- Lead initiatives on continuous improvement of publication processes,
- Adapt process based on the evolving publication policies, trends and guidance,
- Align publication processes across functions, projects, regions
- Train, coach and/or mentor (as appropriate) newcomers and less experienced team members in all areas of accountabilities and their integration in the team/company
- Manage the different external Publications Management Service providers involved in your projects
- Develop and reinforce the external image of GSK, in alignment with the global GSK values, through attendance, interactions and presentation at meetings relating to public disclosure ethics
- Develop good professional relationship with external experts, with agencies, external authors and presentors, and journal editors/congress organizers
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in medical/scientific writing, regulatory writing or publications writing and processes
- At least 2 years of Experience in Publications Management
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- M.S., PhD, PharmD, or similar advanced degree
- Strong scientific, medical, biomedical and/or pharmacist education is clearly an asset.
- Prior experience in Pharma environment is an asset
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced IT skills (Office, Document management tools, Internet)
- Strong knowledge and skills in project management
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.*LI-GSK
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record