AsMedical Science Liaison (MSL) - Y ouwillberesponsible for:
· Territory includes: NY, No. NJ, CT
· Are expected to be agile and adaptable in order to interface and provide value across a continuum of both Internal and External Stakeholders (External Experts and other healthcare professionals within
assigned geography/therapy area, investigators and potential investigators, professional societies, advocacy groups, and formulary decision makers) in a non-promotional manner and be responsive to unsolicited inquires.
· Be the scientific expert for a particular medicine/vaccine or group of medicines/vaccines in a therapy area in the assigned geography in order to conduct balanced, peer-to-peer, scientific dialogue with external experts.
· To respond orally or by providing appropriate written materials to unsolicited requests for on- or off-label information or safety concerns that may have been asked of GSK sales staff or Medical and adhering to all policies
and procedures regarding the provi sion of medical information
· To gain valuable insight and feedback from the healthcare community on GSK products and services, medical and scientific information which can help guide research, development and service provision to benefit GSK's customers and patients ·
· Contribute in a manner that is always consistent with GSK Values and expectations demonstrating Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
Why You? Basic Requirements:
- Work with medical colleagues and other business partners to identify External Experts, professional groups, decision makers and other key stakeholders in the assigned therapy area and or geography
- Respond compliantly to unsolicited information requests from healthcare professionals and associated individuals regarding licensed or un-licensed GSK medicines and indications; ensure all medical information responses are factual, fair and balanced, scientifically rigorous and strictly comply with GSK standards and policies and with local codes of practice, guidelines and laws to ensure the strictest requirements are met.
- Disseminate important safety information to the healthcare profession as directed by the Medical Affairs or Research and Development teams or the Dear Healthcare Provider Letter (DHPL) process.
- Deliver Non-Promotional Scientific Discussions (NPSD) for a GSK medicine that is on label or consistent with the label to inform and educate HCPs on the appropriate use of our medicines in patients.Deliver scientific / pipeline presentations to formulary committees and HCPs per documented unsolicited request
- Maintain expertise in the evolving scientific / therapeutic area and in competitor medicines and vaccines.
- Attend and contribute (if required) to medical portion of regional account planning/training sessions
- Attend both national and regional scientific/medical meetings to gain medical voice of the customer on recent data being presented on products and disease states of interest to GSK
- Support clinical development activities and programs including GSK and Investigator sponsored studies as well as collaborating with R&D staff to improve site performance. Provide general insight into GSK research interests and field inquiries regarding investigator sponsored scientific or clinical research projects.
- Conduct individual discussions and meetings with steering committee members, advisory board members, consultants etc., on topics related to the work being conducted with GSK (e.g. for clinical research investigators, the conduct or publication of clinical research sponsored by GSK)
- Provide scientific training for GSK sales representatives regarding GSK products and the conditions they treat utilizing approved Sales Training materials. Provide training to individual HCPs to prepare them to speak on behalf of GSK, and assist with GSK-sponsored speaker training events
- Partner with matrix colleagues (e.g. sales, marketing, market access, etc.) to ensure strategies and business plans are both patient and business focused, and adding value to the external expert
- · MSN or other clinical graduate degree considered with relevant industry and/or solid tumor oncology experience
- Must live within territory specified
- A graduate level degree (MSN, Pharm D, PHD, etc…) with relevant clinical experience
- Women's Oncology experience preferred
- · Previous clinical experience in situations where direct/or indirect decision-making authority for patient care was demonstrated(e.g. direct patient care, treatment protocol development, drug therapy guidelines development, traditional clinical pharmacy practice settings)
- Above average computer literacy, including experience with software applications ceutical industry experience or medical liaison experience
- At least one year of expeirence in pharmacology and pharmacotherapy in humans and applying this knowledge in a clinical setting
- Experience presentingin both one-on-one and group settings
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record