The Consumer Safety Science Director provides medical expertise to ensure the safety of products under development and existing products within Consumer Healthcare (CH). You will ensure high quality medical input and insights into the pharmacovigilance activities and Innovation activities for assigned product(s).
The Medical Director will play an important role progressing switch opportunities by supporting the activities of the Switch team to develop and execute robust safety strategies that leverage advancing science and research techniques. This includes anticipating and identifying safety data needs to support product approval; and, advising on the design of label comprehension studies, self-selection studies, actual use trials, in addition to development of integrated safety summary.
This is a fully global role which collaborates with colleagues in all markets as well as at an array of stakeholders, both in-house and external. This means you'll work with a diverse group of people, both functionally and culturally, developing a vast personal network as well as global capability. You will have a wide-ranging scope, alongside considerable responsibility and accountability for leading the direction of Safety strategy for innovation projects, meaning you'll be very visible in organisational leadership, and also make a genuine personal impact on the future of GSKCH.
In this role you will:
- Responsible for consumer safety issues for his/her assigned product(s), including risk assessments, signal detection and product quality issues.
- Ensures that adverse events and other safety information is efficiently evaluated in order to meet global compliance and regulatory requirements, identifies the need for product labelling updates and drives proactive implementation of risk management initiatives.
- Leads safety evaluation activities for assigned CH products, ensures that appropriate safety objectives and risk minimization strategies are included in clinical development programs and innovation projects, shows confidence, credibility and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Presents safety strategy for CH products in assigned Category at key internal cross-functional meetings.
- Identifies and solves common challenges and shares successes and best practices.
- Trains and/or mentors on disease area and products.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert. Why You? Required Qualifications and experience:
Preferred Qualifications and experience:
- Medical Degree (i.e. clinician/physician/medical practitioner) from an accredited reputable University
- Extensive industry experience in clinical medicine, pharmaceutical, safety management required
- Solid Knowledge of Pharmacovigilance and signal detection tools , analysis and reporting of medical safety issues for assigned product portfolio, taking into account the worldwide regulatory requirements
- Strong leadership, influencing and communication skills
- Agility and strategic decision making
- Ability to analyze complex situations.
Why Consumer Healthcare?
- Advanced Degree
- Experience with Consumer Healthcare products
- Project management skills
- The Medical Director will be measured on the timeliness of their deliverables and launches. To be successful in the role you will have strong stakeholder management skills, both managing expectations and influencing decisions in a regulated product environment.
Right now, we're on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We're doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year - over a billion and a half of them - and it goes beyond products. It's about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we're uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It's an opportunity to be part of something special.Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your
authentic self belongs and thrives.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record