We are building a state-of-the-art
end to end Biopharm capability which delivers efficient discovery
of antibody molecules that are selected and engineered for rapid development so that, together with our therapy area partners, we discover, develop and manufacture
novel portfolio of exciting medicines
to benefit patients around the world.
If you aim to be part of a global cutting edge drug development and discovery organization
and are motivated to contribute towards bringing lifesaving drugs to patients
, join us!
to know more about GSK Biopharm. #GSKBiopharm_Development
Are you energized by a scientific leadership role that allows you to enhance and improve processes across biopharmaceutical product development? If so, this Associate Director role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As an Associate Director and member of the Mass Spec and Characterization Leadership Team, you will provide leadership and direction to a team of protein characterization scientists to further the course of biopharmaceutical development projects and enable key decisions.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Lead the team's efforts on product characterization, comparability studies, process development support, manufacturing support and contribution to regulatory submissions.
- Lead the development of novel characterization strategies including biophysical and associated technologies for the support of biopharmaceutical development.
- Act as a scientific expert in discussions on science project progression within GSK and contributes to regulatory dossiers and author/review expert reports
- Continuously identify ways to simplify and improve ways of working.
- Create an environment that stimulates, develops, and promotes the scientific and career development of others, including cross-training between modalities.
- Provide leadership through effective feedback, coaching, mentoring, and training to influence cultural change to deliver the strategic priorities.
- Accountable for safety and quality standards within the team.
Ph.D. degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related fields, with 8+ years of relevant experience in biopharma CMC development.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of individual contributors
- Experience in protein characterization using modern mass spectrometry
- Experience with LC/MS instrument operation, nano-LC fluidics and LC/MS/MS, methods data processing software and workflows
Why GSK? Uniting science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together
- Knowledge of biopharma analytical strategies and product life cycle and QbD principles
- Experience in analysis of protein therapeutics with understanding of protein structure and function relationships.
- Experience with biophysical techniques such as CD, FTIR, Fluorescence, DSC, DLS, AUC and flow imaging techniques for protein higher order structure analysis and particle characterization
- Experience with product characterization requirements and practices during different stages of biopharma development.
- Experience with developing risk based and phase appropriate product characterization and comparability strategies
- Experience in authoring relevant regulatory documents and interaction with global regulatory agencies
- Experience in leading or participating in multidisciplinary project teams and sub-teams
- Experience identifying any technical or resource issues and propose or discuss solutions and strategies with team members and more senior staff.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record