In GSK Medical Affairs, we focus on communicating the science behind our diseases and medicines to help patients, clinicians and healthcare systems make better informed decisions that beneficially impact patients' lives. Patients are at the center of everything that we do, and our objective is to ensure our patients are optimally treated. To be competitive and deliver the most value, we need to move faster and with more agility and ground all our decisions in data and insights.
The Medical Analytics team you would be joining is a growing team within Medical Affairs, and we are building innovative and industry leading analytical capabilities for GSK Medical Affairs. We are a very agile team, focused on developing new machine learning algorithms and AI solutions to drive our Medical strategy and tactics; that ultimately improve patient lives. Data literacy is a very important to GSK and the Medical Affairs organization, and our business partners are committed to embedding analytics to inform internal decisions. Come join our team on this journey and be a part of a team that is embracing and embedding data, digital and analytics findings into the Respiratory Medical organization!
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Develops and delivers high quality, machine learning solutions to uncover learnings for the US Respiratory Medical Affairs at the patient, HCP/EE segment, and health system level aligned with analytical priorities for:
- Resource Allocation and Optimization
- Experimental design (test/control) analyses
- Proactively seek data science opportunities, based on strong business acumen and analytical knowledge, needed to deliver innovative solutions to uncover drivers of gaps in scientific understanding and patient unmet needs to improve strategic opportunities.
- Act as a data science leader, by mentoring, and coaching GSKs' data science community to grow their data skill skills, build best practices, grow data science literacy within the organization and inspire individuals career potential
- Earn the trust of Respiratory stakeholder partners to drive data-driven decisions through active engagement, advanced analytics expertise, demonstrated learning, and business acumen. Establish and defines project plans, proactively seeks inputs needed to complete results according to plan and delivers milestones according to plan.
- Collaborate on cross-matrix teams as well as influence across varying levels of leadership, by demonstrating subject matter leadership with other teams/functions to drive efficiencies and seamless decision making.
- Use storytelling, powerful visualizations to demonstrate power of utilizing data science with business partners and senior leaders; to enable fact-based recommendations that inspire usage for data driven decisions.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 2+ years' experience applying analytics and statistical skills in a business setting
- 2+ years professional experience with analytics tools/languages and visualization tools
- Experience and skills with advanced machine learning/AI tools and approaches preferred
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Enthusiasm on leveraging Real World Data
- Analytic curiosity to develop innovative solutions to solve complex problems.
- Effective communicator w/ strong business acumen
- Anticipate business needs and develop appropriate solutions
- Demonstrate teamwork and strong collaborative partnerships
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record