Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact in the field of clinical genomics? If so, then this role is for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, agile, and experienced scientist with lab level expertise in genomic technologies to join the Cellular Biomarkers Genomics group within the Bioanalysis, Immunogenicity and Biomarkers (BIB) department based in Collegeville, PA. Our group is responsible for developing genomics biomarker assays for use in clinical studies.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Serve as a technical expert in applied genomic technologies and generate data to support the understanding of disease heterogeneity, drug's mechanism of action, and patient response to treatment at the molecular level through application of advanced genomic technologies, including Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), single cell analysis, Nanostring, qPCR, ddPCR etc.
- Conduct and oversee all aspects of the method development, troubleshooting, validation, and sample analysis for clinical studies requiring genomic technologies endpoints including reagent selection/optimization, sample preparation, sample acquisition and data processing.
Why you? Basic Qualifications
- Ensure all work is conducted in compliance with GCLP regulations and follows the appropriate SOPs.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- B.S. degree with minimum 10 years post-graduation experience in genomics, NGS, molecular or cellular biology, biomedical science, or related disciplines
- Knowledge of current genomic analytical platforms (e.g., RNA-Seq, metagenomics, NanoString, qPCR, ddPCR etc.)
- Experience in designing, troubleshooting, and implementing single cell RNA-Seq applications or similar high content techniques (e.g., BD Rhapsody, 10x Genomics)
- Experience with and scientific understanding of flow cytometry and histotechology to lead cross-platform genomics projects (e.g., CITE-Seq, TCR/BCR Seq, NanoString assays, Spatial Transcriptomics etc.)
- Experience and understanding in the use of genomics analysis software (Genome Browser, Partek Genomics suite, CLC-Bio etc.
- Experience working with tight or shifting deadlines, both independently and in a team
- Experience with and working knowledge of the drug development process
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why GSK? Our values and expectations
- M.S. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field, with 8 years post-graduation experience
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field - with minimum 2 years post-PhD experience
- Excellent collaborator with great interpersonal skills who can build relationships to work with colleagues from all phases of clinical drug development and influence biomarker testing strategies
- Ability to maintain a disciplined approach, ensuring a relentless focus on quality, compliance, scientific rigor, and operational excellence
- Ability to provide guidance on the use of NGS, digital quantification of nucleic acids and single cell analysis to support clinical sample testing
- Hands on experience with the NovaSeq, MiSeq, 10X chromium, BD Rhapsody, ddPCR, NanoString platform etc.
- Ability to generate high quality data to support clinical studies by various NGS platforms
- Experience conducting and overseeing all aspects of method development, troubleshooting, validation and sample analysis for clinical studies
- Experience supporting single cell immuno-genomics works such as CITE-Seq and AbSeq (for example, cell preparation and library preparation)
- Experience handling human biological samples and performing experimental work in accordance with safety requirements, data integrity and GCLP guidelines.
- Experience Collaborating with Biomarker Leads and provide biomarker assay support to deliver on biomarker strategy as defined by project needs.
- Ability to develop genomic assays using applied genomic technologies to support clinical studies, delivery of robust, high quality data packages
- Work with data management, programming, and bioinformatics scientists to expedite the transfer of biomarker data to clinical teams
- Deliver, interpret, and communicate complex, high quality scientific data to project/program teams within agreed timelines
- Handle multiple projects concurrently
- Contribute to biomarker strategy and capital equipment discussions
- Act as subject matter expert for the transfer of assays to CROs
- Help lead efforts to investigate novel genomics and data analysis platforms and imbed within the organization
- Attention to detail, good communication and documentation skills
- Willingness to develop and train others as required
- Highly motivated team player with a proactive attitude and ability to interact effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Ability to demonstrate judgment and decision making, especially for prioritizing multiple requests
are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus
, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
along with Courage, Accountability, Development
, and Teamwork
. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance
, and trust
, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record