We are seeking afield-based Director for our Medical Science Liaisons,Hematology and Cell Therapy
Location: Remote field based role located on the West Coast or Central region of the US.The role:
In this role, you willbe afirst line leader with accountability for leadership, management, and oversight of Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs)within their assigned Hematology therapeutic area and region. You will recruit, hire, lead and supervise the West team field based MSLs.Key responsibilities:
Why You? Required Qualifications:
- Drive Organization Performance to Excellence: Drive the Development of High Performing MSLs. Includes hiring, recruiting, ongoing performance and talent assessment and development.
- Partner with Group Head and East Coast Director to understand and execute regional field medical strategy for assigned therapeutic area and geography; provide direction and prioritization to field medical team around medical engagement plans, scientific exchange, and clinical research support within the therapeutic area.
- Monitor and measure therapeutic area and customer segment performance metrics and provide direction and timely feedback to MSLs regarding these metrics; monitor and measure direct reports' responses to unsolicited medical information inquiries and identify trends at the individual and team levels through analyzing regular monitoring reports.
- Through coaching and development discussions, ensure MSLs demonstrate the GSK Values and Expectations;In collaboration with direct reports, create and drive execution of MSL development plans that support the USMA employee core competencies.
- Ensure MSL compliance with GSK Code, SOPs and US laws & regulations for all activities, in line with the principles of Scientific Engagement, the promotional code and field medical practice policies.
- Provide information and insight to help inform territory coverage planning and prioritization decisions that meet local market needs and align with therapeutic area strategy.
- Ensure direct reports leverage and partner with broader set of medical experts across USMA to deliver “best expert” to customers.
- Coordinate and direct launch activities in alignment with plans and strategies; ensure team compliance with ways of working; accountable for field team preparation and sign off.
- Establish and maintain robust Matrix Partnerships to ensure strategic alignment, identify local needs and challenges and gather feedback on field medical team performance. Key partners include Hematology Field MSL Directors, Sales and Account Management Field Leaders, Scientific Directors, US Medical Affairs Leads, Oncology Strategic Account Team, Health Outcomes Directors, and other internal partners crucial to field-team success.
- Hold team accountable for executing business processes and plans that have been outlined for therapeutic area or functional teams, including: Launches, Advisory Boards, Scientific Engagement, Scientific Presentations, HCP engagement, and others as appropriate to meet business objectives and customer needs.
- Ensure the execution of listening priorities and the delivery of Medical Voice of Customers/insights through the field medical team.
- Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
- As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities: Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance: Creating a performance, outward mindset culture and driving results, prioritization, and execution to delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organizational transformation.
- Building a resilient organization. Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organization and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Advanced clinical degree required: PhD, PharmD, MSN, ANP, MD, PA
- 5 or more years of experience in a leadership role of field based medical teams in hiring, recruiting, ongoing performance and talent assessment and development
- 3 or more years of MSL experience or related industry experience
- Experience as a cross functional team collaborator in a heavily matrixed environment
- Able to engage with Senior level internal stakeholders
- Able to travel frequently within the assigned territory to meet with direct reports
- Experience engaging with Advisory Boards, Speaker Programs, Scientific Engagement, Scientific Presentations, and HCP engagement
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Expertise in Hematology and Oncology related health sciences, biopharmaceuticals or biotechnology
- Prior new product launch experience
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record