Are you energized by building advocacy for a therapeutic strategy through leadership, education and development of partnerships with key External Experts and Professional Bodies? If so, this Field Based Medical Affairs Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As Field Based Medical Affairs Manager you will be responsible for leadership of the external engagement strategy aligned to the therapeutic portfolio, as well as the design & implementation of the external engagement plan including the advocacy plan aligned to Therapy area strategies, driving a consistent approach to carrying out engagement activities in the field.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
• Put in place and execute an agreed external engagement & advocacy strategy, which includes National Professional Bodies, individual External Experts and Primary Care Organizations (PCOs.)
• Identify and agree with cross functional internal stakeholders, therapy area thought leaders and Professional, Academic & Patient groups.
• Engage with & influence appropriate sub-sets of US therapy area thought leaders to pro-actively support GSK therapy strategies.
• Identify & lead internal stakeholders including global franchise, R&D, National & Regional management teams in driving external engagement & advocacy plans, by engaging the external expert community as required.
• Design & drive implementation of appropriate educational meetings, advisory boards, & scientific workshops
• In conjunction with aligned commercial functions co-create the US Congress Plan
• Provide strategic insight from the external expert community, to support ‘critical issues management' plans, working with head office and field-based directors to diagnose, plan and implement necessary actions.
• Facilitate appropriate involvement for External Experts with the Global Therapy area Franchise and other above country initiatives such as advice seeking, market research, content development and clinical trials.
• Ensure ethical engagement of Healthcare Professionals and work with Ethical Leadership to ensure relevant company policies are followed.Why you?
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree
- A demonstrated understanding of the US healthcare environment, including knowledge of health technology assessments and market access challenges
- Understanding of Pharmaceutical ethics and governance; and a clear understanding of pharmaceutical compliance policies and procedures
- Pharmaceutical Industry Experience including basic financial and budget management
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced Degree in science/human biology
- Ability to work within large and complex matrix teams
- Ability to facilitate high quality discussions around GSK medicines with external experts
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record