We are building a state-of-the-art
end to end Biopharm capability which delivers efficient discovery
of antibody molecules that are selected and engineered for rapid development so that, together with our therapy area partners, we discover, develop and manufacture
novel portfolio of exciting medicines
to benefit patients around the world.
If you aim to be part of a global cutting edge drug development and discovery organization
and are motivated to contribute towards bringing lifesaving drugs to patients
, join us!
to know more about GSK Biopharm. #GSKBiopharm_Development
Are you looking for a collaborative Associate Scientist role that allows you to contribute to scientific strategy and accelerate Pharmaceutical Research and Development? If so, this role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As an Associate Scientist, you will join the Technology Advancement and Portfolio/Platform Support team within the Process Engineering and Analytics department of the Drug Product Development organization within the GSK R&D. You will primarily support drug product manufacturing process development using the small-scale capabilities, platform initiatives, combination product development, support technology transfers, and new technology implementation for new products in the pipeline.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Laboratory experimentation, analytical testing, and secondary manufacturing of putative formulations & drug delivery approaches for select protein and small molecule formulations, including conception and evaluation of conventional and novel product matrices and administration modalities
- Physicochemical and bioanalytical characterization of native and modified biopharm compounds
- Crafting and execution of non-GMP studies to generate drug product manufacturing process knowledge
- Working closely with internal and external discovery and development support partners, as needed
- Maintaining accurate, complete laboratory records
- Facile use of electronic data & information gathering, capturing, archiving and communications techniques
- Assisting in preparation and review of guidance, SOPs, and regulatory documentation, as appropriate.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS degree in Pharmaceutics, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related scientific discipline with at least 1 year of years of relevant laboratory-based experience.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why GSK? Uniting science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together
- BS degree with 3 years experience or Master's degree with 2 years of laboratory-based experience in a pharmaceutical environment
- Ability to maintain accurate, complete laboratory records
- Experience with conventional and alternative protein formulation and drug delivery/device development
- Experience in protein formulation development or using small-scale drug product manufacturing process equipment such as mixing system, filling and stoppering system, capping machine and automated visual inspection system
- Experience with bioanalytical and biophysical techniques for product characterization and stability evaluation including HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, SEC, Spectroscopy (UV/VIS, fluorescence, or CD), DSC, particle techniques.
- Knowledge or experience using small-scale drug product manufacturing process equipment such as mixing system, filling and stoppering system, capping machine and automated visual inspection system
- Knowledge or experience developing predictive models to support development of biopharmaceutical drug products
- Experience using bioanalytical and biophysical techniques for product characterization and stability evaluation is desirable; including, e.g., HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, SEC, Spectroscopy (UV/VIS, fluorescence, or CD), & DSC.
- Knowledge in protein formulation development
- Ability to collaborate well with others in and across groups
- Ability to communicate effectively
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record