Why Patients Need You
At Pfizer we strive to deliver Breakthroughs That Change Patients Lives . Our Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) are an entrepreneurial group within Pfizer that collaborate with leading academic centers and biotech companies to translate the most promising science into novel therapeutics. CTI is seeking a BS/MS level Scientist to join our preclinical research and drug discovery team in South San Francisco, California. CTI's state-of-the-art labs are in a major biotech hub, near several leading academic centers.What You Will Achieve
The ideal candidate will be an integral part of the CTI Biology team and work to advance CTI's portfolio and emerging science areas. They will work collaboratively with CTI personnel, other Pfizer colleagues and academic or biotech partners to meet aggressive project goals and timelines. The candidate will use their molecular and cellular biology expertise to design and execute experiments addressing the basic translational biology of drug targets and clinically relevant molecular pathways. This Scientist is expected to fully embrace and embody the entrepreneurial culture, values, and goals of CTI while contributing to a scientifically rigorous and exciting collaborative environment. The qualified candidate will be an individual contributor to highly matrixed multidisciplinary teams across Pfizer's R&D. The ideal applicant will have experience in basic research, assay development, and drug screening, as well as a desire to grow within a laboratory-focused position.
We encourage candidates who do not meet all criteria to apply. Role Responsibilities
- Perform in vitro studies utilizing molecular and cellular techniques to enhance confidence in the rationale of ongoing projects while identifying opportunities for new drug development.
- Help evaluate, characterize, and validate the mechanism of action for large and small molecule drug candidates in primary cells and human cell lines.
- Design and develop cellular, biochemical, and functional assays to interrogate relevant disease biology.
- Work independently and creatively to spearhead key experiments.
- Present results, updates, and recommendations at regular project team meetings.
- BS or MS in molecular/cellular biology, cancer biology, immunology, or a closely related field.
- Strong cell biology experience conducting laboratory research; at least 6 years of experience for BS or 4 years for MS.
- Experience with primary cell isolation, culture, cell-based assay development
- Experience with small or large molecule high-throughput screening.
- Experience in one or more of the biology or therapeutic areas of interest to Pfizer including, but not limited to inflammation and immunity, oncology, rare disease, or fibrosis
- Ability to succeed in a small, interactive, non-traditional drug discovery environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as solid analytical skills
- Previous experience in drug development in pharma and/or biotech environment
- Multicolor flow cytometry and immunophenotyping
- High content imaging
- Immunology or immuno-oncology background
- Publication record
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development