Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MSAT) at Pfizer is looking for a highly motivated, versatile candidate to join our multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers in Andover, MA. The group supports Pfizer's portfolio of late stage development and commercial biopharmaceuticals and vaccines, and is responsible for process troubleshooting, process improvements and second- generation process development. We are looking for someone who is eager to contribute independent thinking and technical excellence to the upstream fermentation team.
The ideal candidate will be a valuable contributor to the upstream team within MSAT Andover. The role is well-integrated with the rest of the MSAT group and will involve a lot of collaborative work both within the group and across the Andover site. The colleague will be expected to plan and execute well-designed lab experiments in fermentation with pre-defined goals. This includes basic analytics, data acquisition and interpretation, user-level maintenance of the relevant equipment and documentation of work.How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute to achievement of the upstream work group goals and collaborate with other team members.
- Candidate should have in-depth scientific knowledge and experience in a wide array of upstream techniques
- Serve as the primary Technical Expert for the manufacturing methods
- Perform scientific laboratory studies, and make recommendations to improve manufacturing reliability, cost, safety, compliance and environmental performance.
- Evaluate lab-scale processes and define the scaled up process
- Participate in the technical writing, review of documentation & regulatory submissions and facilitate the Tech Transfer process.
- Maintain laboratory area and equipment in clean, safe, functional order.
- Independently plan and perform work assignments, interpret and present data.
- Provide upstream support for product transfers, new product development and cost improvement projects.
- Comply with safety and regulatory requirements is expected and documented through the internal training program.
- Qualified candidates will serve as an upstream and biochemistry resource for the department and project teams, while proactively keeping historical product knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline with 3+ year of applicable bioprocess experience
- Master's Degree in a relevant discipline with 1 year of applicable bioprocess experience
- Biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Proficient in aseptic technique (required)
- Experience in benchtop bioreactor operation and associated analytical tools (required)
- Ability to perform complex data analysis and work in a team environment
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues, plan and carry out experiments independently, and work with complex instrumentation and software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Experience in designing lab scale microbial fermentation formats and scale-up to pilot/manufacturing scale
- Familiarity with control and data acquisition systems
- Knowledge of all aspects of cell culture/fermentations
- Experience with processing and interpreting large data sets
- Familiarity with processes design and control strategy
- Experience providing person in plant support for upstream processes
- experience with industrial scale fermentation scale up, optimization and operations are highly desired
- Experience in designing and executing components of experimental programs in the laboratory and directly relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry is desirable.
- Curiosity about seeking and applying current relevant scientific literature.
Involves typical bioprocessing lab activities
Ability to routinely lift 30 Lbs,
Standing for prolonged periods
walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis,NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- requires some off hours working to support laboratory work or participation in teleconferences with other global sites.
- Some travel may be required, but is not expected to be a standard aspect of role (
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development