Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will provide science and technology expertise in the disciplines of macromolecule purification sciences for the development and optimization of vaccine manufacturing processes. You will perform Analytical Research and Development (R&D) activities, such as method development, method validation, method transfer etc.
You will help Pfizer develop new and improved processes used in the research and development of our drugs. Your innovative mindset will help us develop economical, efficient and safe chemical manufacture of experimental and active drug materials. Your significant experience of applying knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of the discipline will make you a critical member of the team. You are proactive in contributing to all team discussions and creating an environment of collaboration.
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute to achievement of immediate work group goals and collaborate with other team members.
- Manage application and development of analytical methods used for the characterization and manufacturing support of therapeutic proteins and vaccines.
- Implement effective technology development and continuous process development to ensure success on drug discovery programs.
- Serve as the primary Technical Expert for the manufacturing methods, perform scientific laboratory studies, and make recommendations to improve manufacturing reliability, cost, safety, compliance and environmental performance.
- Evaluate lab-scale processes and define the scaled up process for the clinical production facility.
- Troubleshoot and/or improve established analytical test methods.
- Represent Research and Development in cross functional project teams, where required.
- Participate in the technical writing, review of analytical documentation & regulatory submissions and facilitate the Tech Transfer process.
- Maintain laboratory area and equipment in clean, safe, functional order.
- Independently plan and perform work assignments, interpret and present data.
- Provide analytical support for product transfers, new product development and cost improvement projects.
- Develop methods for intermediates, raw materials, in process controls, API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients), and Drug Products.
- Comply with safety and regulatory requirements is expected and documented through the internal training program.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 0-3 years of laboratory experience
- Technical knowledge and skills in fermentation of biologics achieved through industrial or academic experience in research and development, technical operations, manufacturing, etc.
- Ability to perform data analysis and work in a team environment
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues, plan and carry out experiments independently, and work with complex instrumentation and software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Experience in designing and executing components of experimental programs in the laboratory and directly relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry is desirable.
- Biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Standing, walking, sitting, bending as required
- Able to lift moderate weight
Other Job Details:
- Occasional work off-shift, overtime, weekends and/or holidays to meet business or customer needs.
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel
- Work with potentially hazardous chemicals using appropriate personal protective safety equipment in a properly controlled environment
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply:July 5, 2022.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development