Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients. What You Will Achieve
The Global Pathology group is seeking a highly motivated Lab Support colleague to join the Necropsy/Histology team within Drug Safety R&D (DSRD). The successful candidate will join a team of laboratory based scientists supporting necropsy and histology on safety and non-safety studies for the microscopic evaluation and reporting by our Veterinary Pathologists. Responsibilities include all aspects of laboratory support including shipping and receiving of study materials, ordering of supplies, study setup, slide scanning and assistance in the archive of study materials in addition to the use and maintenance of routine histology equipment. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, must work well as an integral part of a team, as well as be able to manage their time independently to meet departmental and project timelines.The Pathology Lab Support colleague is a laboratory specialist who will collaborate with a variety of scientists including necropsy/histology scientists, pathologists, other DSRD & Comparative Medicine scientists, as well as scientists in other research units as needed in order to provide excellence. How You Will Achieve It
- Perform all regulatory responsibilities in compliance with applicable regulatory standards.
- Perform activities in support of rodent and non-rodent safety and investigative studies including, but not limited to: sample shipment and receipt, use of data capture and management systems, preparation of pathology laboratory sample containers, slides and blocks, tissue collection, trimming, processing, embedding and/or sectioning, slide staining, slide scanning, equipment maintenance, organization of microscopic slides for review, participation in archive activities, etc.
- Perform a self-review of all work activities for accuracy and completeness.
- Adhere to all applicable company and unit policies and procedures.
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Perform other activities as directed by Pathology management
- Adheres to all applicable company and unit policies and procedures.
- Ensures work areas are kept clean and orderly.
- Meets established timelines for deliverables.
- B.S./B.A. in biology or related field with laboratory experience.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and support multiple projects at a time.
- Efficient at working in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience working in histology and/or anatomic pathology
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, and ability to perform mathematical calculations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development