Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CASIA) invites applications for full-time faculty positions at Full/Associate/Assistant Professor levels.
Areas of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Brain Science and Brain-inspired Computing
- Human-like Audio-Visual Processing
- Machine Intelligence
- Complex Systems Modeling and Decisions
- Computational Games and Evolutionary Games
- Hardware and Software for AI Systems
- Innovative Applications of AI
- Professor: Applicants for the Professor rank should have obtained PhD degrees in Artificial Intelligence or related fields, and should hold full professorship or the equivalent rank at research-oriented universities or R&D institutes. Applicants whose current academic rank is associate professor or the equivalent are also encouraged to apply if they have achieved outstanding academic performance and their research interests are aligned with priority areas identified by the CASIA.
- Associate Professor: Applicants for Associate Professor should have obtained PhD degrees in Artificial Intelligence or related fields and should have independent scientific research experience in research-oriented universities, institutions, or enterprises.
- Assistant Professor: Applicants should have obtained PhD degrees in Artificial Intelligence or related fields within the past three years. Applicants should have conducted publishable research in areas aligned with the priority areas identified by the CASIA.
CASIA has campuses in Beijing (at Zhongguancun of Haidian District and at Huairou District), Wuhan, Nanjing, and Hong Kong, China.
Application Materials Required:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Statement
- Three Representative Publications
For more detailed information about benefits available to applicants, please visit our website:
The Institute of Automation of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CASIA) was established in 1956. It is a premier AI research institute in the world and has done cutting-edge research in pattern recognition, automation science, complex systems, robotics, machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, biometrics, medical imaging, social computing, and AI hardware. CASIA is the first national research institution to carry out brain-inspired intelligence research in China. CASIA also established the first School of Artificial Intelligence in China as part of the University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
CASIA houses the National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition, the State Key Laboratory for Management and Control of Complex Systems, and the National Engineering & Technology Research Center for ASIC. It also jointly established several international collaborative innovation platforms conducting AI research.
CASIA’s main site is at the heart of the Zhongguancun high-tech zone. In recent years, it has spun off four additional campuses, located in Huairou District (Beijing), Wuhan (Hubei Province), Nanjing (Jiangsu Province), and Hong Kong, China, respectively.
Peiying Chen, Zhilin Zhang
Tel: +86-10-82544657, +86-10-82544652
Address: No. 95 Zhongguancun East Road, Haidian District, Beijing, 100190
CASIA Official Website: http://www.ia.cas.cn
CASIA WeChat: casia1956