Are you looking for a health outcomes role that allows you to leverage your modelling expertise to accelerate transparency and shape reimbursement strategy? If so, this Health Outcomes Director role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As Director of US Value Evidence and Outcomes (VEO) Respiratory you will provide leadership in developing and executing a quality, strategically aligned research agenda, focused on relevant, high impact evidence package to demonstrate the value of US marketed and pipeline assets in the assigned therapeutic area.
They will conduct research that incorporates customer insights from US reimbursement and access environment to support the strategic direction of asset & work closely with the field based medical and payer teams to obtain US physician, reimbursement and access insights.
The Director will represent VEO on matrix teams and advise internal stakeholders in clinical development, payer marketing and commercial; ensure provision of VEO information to support internal decision making during product development and commercialization. They will fully integrate with evidence generation partners (Global VEO, epidemiology and other quantitative sciences) and develop a framework for aligning evidence generation activities across the matrix facilitating delivery of a value evidence package. They will manage budgets for multiple US-focused projects and/or product budgets and be responsible for governance related activities for projects & represent department at a disease and product level at external professional, scientific meetings and forums.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Lead the development, management and implementation of US health outcomes strategies within assigned therapeutic areas to support the commercial objectives of products during development, launch, and life cycle management.
- Work in partnership with cross functional matrix teams within product development to represent the evidence generation needs for the US Market; ensure provision of health outcomes information to support internal decision making during product development, commercialization and life cycle management.
- Represent US VEO on GSK initiatives.
- Participate in global and/or regional matrix teams to ensure that all relevant planning factors/impacts are assessed in development, pre-launch, launch and life cycle management strategies.
- Implement US VEO strategies during life cycle management to secure and maintain reimbursement, market access/formulary listing, promotion and optimal pricing.
- Apply negotiation skills internally and externally to ensure the value of VEO is used to maximum advantage for GSK products.
- Plan, track and adjust regional VEO projects across team and with external contractors and suppliers to ensure delivery on time, to budget and in accordance with the plan. Document any changes from plan.
- Assure quality of deliverables, including review and sign off project specifications, protocols, data analysis plans, final study reports, abstracts, posters and manuscripts, adherence to SOPs.
- Develop and maintain understanding of internal customer needs for VEO deliverables to support the value of our products.
- Develop and maintain strong alignment with the Field Based Payer Medical Teams to obtain insights from the external customers. Adjust plans accordingly to support reimbursement and access for GSK products.
- Contribute to broader organizational change within GSK through participation in specific projects and work at a departmental level and beyond.
- Ensure all company and departmental required training for self is completed within necessary timeframe and documented appropriately.
- Ensure all company and departmental SOPs are understood and adhered to by self.
- Interface with cross-functional matrix teams. Key matrix partners include Field Based Payer, Medical Teams, Global VEO incl Epidemiology, Quantitative Sciences, US Medical Affairs, Inline Brand team, and Brand Marketing.
- Responsible for the management of vendors in execution of VEO projects.
- Responsible for ensuring regional strategies are implemented throughout the TA.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD or Master's degree in health economics and outcomes research or related discipline (e.g., economics, sociology, epidemiology).
- 5 or more years experience in HEOR for candidates with PhD, and 8 or more years experience in HEOR for candidates with Master's degree.
- 3 or more years experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing health outcomes research plans.
- Experience in reimbursement and access, health economics and/or outcomes research.
- Experience in reimbursement and access, health economics and/or outcomes research as evidence by presentation and/or publication history.
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry, managed care, hospital, academic or healthcare consulting environment, specifically relating to Health Outcomes, strategy, research and application.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Deep understanding of US reimbursement systems, healthcare market and decision-makers
- Experienced in interacting with all levels of management and staff
- General management experience
- Business knowledge and application to problem solving
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and organizational skills
- Comfortable enabling and driving change
- Customer-Focus orientation
- Flexible Thinking
- Ability to engaging and develop others
- Influence in cross-functional matrix
- Team player
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record