The GSK Field Respiratory team has an immediate opening for an MSL (Medical Science Liaison) in Dallas (North Texas) territory. A successful candidate will be agile and adaptable to interface and provide value across a continuum of both internal and external medical stakeholders. This is a medical position that reports in through the GSK Medical Affairs team and is accountable for being a respiratory scientific expert to engage external experts in the areas of Asthma, COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), Nasal polyps, HES (Hypereosinophilic Syndrome) and EGPA. The purpose of this role is multifaceted and includes providing education externally to our external experts, working with external investigators on research initiatives, providing disease based educational programs to external experts and other health care professionals, respond to unsolicited questions, as well as collecting important medical voice of the customer from the external expert community to help shape the medical understand of the external environment for the GSK medical team.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
- Field based role working directly with regional Respiratory External Experts
- Disseminate important safety information to HCPs (healthcare professionals) and External Experts as directed by the GSK Medical Affairs team or the R&D (Research & Development) team
- Manage territory, plan engagement both live and virtual
- Collaborate with GSK internal Medical Affairs with national and international external experts that are based in territory
- Learn and maintain expertise in the respiratory therapeutic area
- Attend regional and national scientific conferences as a representative of the GSK Medical Affairs team
- Conduct individual discussions and meeting with steering committee members, advisory board members or consultants on topic related to the work being conducted with GSK
- Support clinical development for GSK sponsored and Investigator sponsored studies, collaborate with R&D (Research & Development) staff to help improve site performance
- Provide general insights in GSK research interests and field inquires coming from the research sites
- Provide scientific training for GSK sales professionals regarding GSK products using approved sales training materials
- Work with regional account teams as necessary to provide scientific support with customers when requested
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Doctoral level of education (Pharm.D., PhD., DNP., MD.)
- Possesses solid knowledge of pharmacology and pharmacotherapy in humans and has experience practically applying this knowledge in a clinical setting
- Proficient computer literacy, including experience with software applications (MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must live within territory specified (North Texas)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Significant Clinical practice experience (Clinical/Pharmaceutical Residency, Direct patient clinical experience)
- Pharmaceutical industry experience or MSL experience (Not required if the applicant has a strong clinical background)
- Excellent communication skills (one on one and group settings in both live and virtual environments)
Our values and expectations
are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
along with Courage, Accountability, Development,
. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance
, and trust
, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record