Are you passionate about science and wanting to make a difference to patients' lives?
At GSK science is at the heart of everything we do. Join us to translate that great science into therapies as a Clinical Biomarker Lead (Associate Director/Director)
In this role, you will have responsibility for development and effective implementation of biomarker and precision medicine strategy in support of clinical development of assets. Working as part of the early development / medicine development matrix teams (EDT/MDT), the Clinical Biomarker Leader will establish clear decision-making criteria to enable informed clinical decisions, identify patient segmentation strategies and integrate the strategy into the clinical development plans. You will employ cutting edge technologies and methods to discover and clinically validate biomarkers. The implementation of the biomarker strategy as part of a well thought through clinical plan will ensure optimally informed decision making in drug development and identification of the right patient population for our medicines.
This role will provide YOU with the opportunity to progress YOUR career, and your responsibilities include:
- Develop and deliver biomarker strategies including approaches to pharmacodynamic biomarkers, proof-of-mechanism biomarkers, for clinical phase programs to enable informed clinical decisions.
- Develop and deliver precision medicine strategy to identify predictive biomarkers to enable clinical success.
- Represent biomarker strategy at EDT/MDT, study teams and at internal governance reviews as well as serve as biomarker point of contact for clinical studies.
- Ensure alignment of biomarker outputs with clinical team to meet study requirements.
- Lead writing of reports to support study teams and regulatory submissions as well as contribute to publications.
- As required, supporting the expansion of mechanism and disease understanding to generate insights that can be leveraged for indication expansion and scientific exchange.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Minimum of 5 years relative experience with strong background in translational research and experience/track record in the application of biomarkers in clinical trials.
- Scientist and/or Physician (PhD, MD or equivalent)
- Expertise in a specific research area/biomarker technology.
- Experience in conducting clinical trials and working as part of a clinical study team.
- Experience in cellular/molecular biology technologies, techniques and data analysis.
- Ability to analyze and interpret molecular data sets.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a team setting.
- Ability to influence teams and key leaders with a proven track record of success.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in High dimensional dataset analysis.
- Experience in conducting clinical trials and working as part of a clinical study team including working to GCP principles.
- Experience with identifying predictive biomarkers and/or diagnostic development.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience and knowledge of neurology, metabolic disease, immunology and/or inflammatory disease.
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realize that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities.
In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
*This position can be considered at the Associate Director OR Director level dependent on your level of experience, TBD.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record