Would you like to be part of GSK's Value Evidence and Outcomes (VEO) team, with an opportunity to drive Epidemiology strategy and studies across the spectrum of drug development? If so, this is an excellent opportunity to explore.
As an Associate Director in Epidemiology, you will provide scientific leadership in the application of epidemiological expertise and methods to answer key challenges identified across all phases of medicine development for an asset or disease area to deliver new medicines more efficiently and effectively to patients.
This position functions within GlaxoSmithKline's Epidemiology Department, part of R&D VEO which contributes to the successful development and commercialization of new therapies and supports a wide range of areas, from Clinical Development and Safety and Effectiveness Evaluation. Our staff in Epidemiology provide leadership and expertise to develop and execute the Epidemiology strategy across the entire spectrum of drug development, from early drug discovery to registration and lifecycle management.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.These responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Develops a network to ensure alignment of an epidemiology program with the broader asset/disease strategy and plays a role in developing a key understand across stakeholders of the impact of epidemiology on the asset/disease strategy.
- Identifies new vendors, tools and data sources to deliver epidemiology solutions for the asset/disease area.
- Contributes to strategic initiatives on role of Epidemiology at departmental or VEO level.
- Is an internal expert who may represent GSK on scientific discussions with internal governance bodies and external regulators/external conferences with support.
- Accountable for program of epidemiology for an asset or disease area.
- Brings RWE insights to inform asset/disease area strategy, development activities for one asset or disease area.
- Proposes and negotiates content of epidemiologic program and budget with matrix leader.
- Provides expert epidemiological consultation as needed to asset matrix teams (Value Evidence Team, Clinical Development Team, Safety Review Team, Integrated Evidence Team, Medicine Development Team as required).
- May lead more complex epidemiological studies and negotiate new partnerships.
- May contribute to advancing the science through membership of external initiatives (e.g. ICPE, IMI).
- May contribute to departmental initiatives driving innovative solutions through evaluation of tools, methodologies, or processes.
- Master's degree in Epidemiology or other Quantitative Public Health discipline.
- Experience applying epidemiologic methods in at least one disease area
- 1+ years in the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent experience in an academic or government setting preferred
- Experience operating in a matrix environment with independent delivery of increasingly complex epidemiological studies including regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated epidemiological expertise and developing the ability to influence key internal (matrix leaders) and external (regulators) stakeholders specifically around scientifically robust and strategic approaches to delivering epidemiological science to answer key asset challenges.
- Highly proficient written, verbal and listening skills.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Doctoral degree in Epidemiology or other Quantitative Public Health discipline.
- Expertise in complex research techniques, tools, and procedures (e.g. quantitative research methods, multiple study designs).
- Expertise in design, conduct and appropriate dissemination of de novo and epidemiologic database studies.
- Broad knowledge of private and public use datasets
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record