Are you interested in a medical affairs role that leverages your medical/clinical knowledge expertise to accelerate global medical affairs engagement? If so, this Office Based Medical Affairs Principal Scientist
role, Smokers Health/Respiratory (allergy and cough & cold), could be an ideal opportunity to explore. As an Office Based Medical Affairs Principal Scientist
, you will be responsible for ensuring adequate therapy area input, maximized leveraging of existing Medical platforms, and aligned implementation of Medical Affairs processes and initiatives across the Medical organization.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key Medical Affairs activities for the Smokers Health/Respiratory (allergy and cough & cold) assets.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Developing and executing the Medical Affairs strategy for assigned products in the Smokers Health/Respiratory [allergy and cough & cold] category, including medical communication plans (i.e., CME, Ad Boards, Congresses) and scientific messaging as deemed appropriate
- Serving as medical lead for advertising and promotional review related to Smokers Health and Respiratory [allergy and cough & cold] products to ensure data are accurately and effectively communicated
- Developing, producing, and organizing manuscripts, posters, and symposiums
- Overseeing and executing internal and external training initiatives related to assigned products or disease states
- Identifying and seeking insights from Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) on emerging science and disease state knowledge to help define ongoing medical strategy
- Maintaining in-depth understanding of the product, competitors, and related medical areas and regulatory guidelines
- Serving as medical SME for Smoker's Health/Respiratory [allergy and cough & cold] innovation projects
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PharmD, MD, or Ph.D. (Advanced degree in Health Sciences or related field)
- 3+ years of experience in Medical Affairs within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working in cross-functional teams including, but not limited to, Legal, Regulatory and Commercial
- Experience in Scientific Engagement
I f you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why Consumer Healthcare?
- Highly organized and motivated individual possessing excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Smokers Health/Respiratory [allergy and cough & cold] assets will be an advantage.
Right now, we're on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We're doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year - over a billion and a half of them - and it goes beyond products. It's about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we're uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business. This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It's an opportunity to be part of something special.Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record