Our Clinical Pharmacology Leads have key roles to play in influencing the discovery and development of drugs. It is exciting, critical work and you could be part of it. Pfizer is a leader in model informed drug discovery and development (MIDD), and we are expanding in influence and impact. We have an open position as an Associate Director, Clinical Pharmacology supporting our Research Units in Cambridge, MA. The ideal candidate embraces MIDD - constructs, validates, and utilizes disease, placebo, exposure-response, and mechanistic PKPD models to evaluate risk/benefit and facilitate drug development decisions, in close collaboration with other R&D partners. Clinical Pharmacology Leads are also responsible for planning and direction of clinical pharmacology components of clinical programs (including clinical development plan) and studies (including protocol preparation; clinical phase oversight, and reporting). ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independent Clinical Pharmacology Lead on Clinical Sub Team and Development Team as appropriate.
- Participate in implementing MIDD using quantitative approaches to address questions arising during drug development spanning from target validation to analysis and interpretation of Phase II results.
- Designs protocols and oversees clinical pharmacology studies with assistance from operations colleagues.
- Contributes to MIDD and Clinical development plans.
- Knowledgeable about the clinical pharmacology profile of allocated drugs on which studies are being conducted or which are called for in the protocol.
- Coordinates with medical writers (and other team members) in the data review, analysis and reporting of the CP study.
- Accountable and responsible for non-compartmental analysis of PK data and accountable and - as appropriate - responsible for ensuring appropriate PK-PD analysis including population PK, PK-PD modeling and simulation, meta-analysis etc.
- Directs the planning of all relevant PK-PD analyses. Responsible for use of innovative analytical methods to integrate knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, patient characteristics and disease states to optimize doses, dosage regimens and study designs throughout clinical drug development in collaboration with pharmacometrics and statistics (as relevant).
- Provides recommendations for clinical doses and dosing algorithms (including drug interaction advice, food effects, special group dosing, etc.) to the clinical and Development teams and in regulatory documentation.
- Leads clinical pharmacology contributions to all regulatory documents including IND, CTA, Investigator Brochures, EOP2 meetings.
- Leads the resolution of clinical pharmacology queries from drug regulatory agencies, takes a lead role in writing and reviewing responses to regulatory queries.
- Provides Clinical Pharmacology expertise to Drug Discovery. During the pre-clinical stages of drug development works with Research to ensure quantitative mechanistic understanding and preclinical PK-PD knowledge exist to underwrite human administration.
- Accountable for ensuring that there are valid methods for measuring drug concentration (and if appropriate, biochemical biomarkers and anti-drug antibodies) in the clinic.
- May participate in multidisciplinary teams in assessing potential in-licensing opportunities, as requested by line management.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- PhD in Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacometrics, Engineering or other suitable post-graduate qualification.
- 4+ years of industry experience in clinical pharmacology and/or clinical PK/PD and/or Pharmacometrics.
- Strong quantitative skills and expertise (e.g. experience in PKPD modeling/systems pharmacology, literature meta-analyses, population modeling, and clinical trial simulations using NONMEM, R, etc.). Knowledge of drug development, regulatory requirements and guidelines to handle routine work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.