The Medicine Design group in Cambridge, MA is seeking a highly driven and innovative Ph.D.-level scientist to join our chemical biology group as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in driving therapeutic innovation through technology development. This is a unique opportunity to be trained in the field of chemoproteomics , work collaboratively with diverse research teams within Pfizer, and publish in high-impact journals. By the end of the program, the postdoc will be proficient in designing chemical probes, photo-crosslinking , target engagement methodologies , mass spectrometry sample prep/data analysis and will be fully prepared to contribute to early-stage target engagement and target deconvolution studies. The ideal candidate should have strong background in organic chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical biology, and have a good understanding of biology and statistics. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
- Demonstrate strong technical and scientific rigor in project planning .
- Proactively conduct literature search es to gather relevant information to form hypothes e s for testing experimentally.
- Design chemical probes and develop a novel target engagement methodology for studying compound interactions in a whole cell environment.
- Desire to learn and help maintain nanoLC /mass spectrometers for conducting chemoproteomic experiments.
- Generate and effectively communicate results regularly at internal meetings, make data-driven decisions to shape the direction of research project .
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, or a related discipline is required
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary scientific team
- S trong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with data reporting and analysis software, as well as strong organizational skills.
- Experience with photochemical crosslinking of compounds to proteins
- Mammalian cell culture experience and affinity enrichment from live cells.
- Familiarity with QExactive HF and/or Orbitrap Lumos Mass Spectrometers is desired but not required.
This position is a lab based position so candidate must be comfortable lifting, standing, sitting, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations, and ability to perform complex data analysis.OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Must have Work Authorization in the United StatesPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development