Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients. What You Will Achieve
You will be part of Pfizer's Bioprocess Research & Development Cell Banking team that is responsible for the manufacturing and testing of GMP cell banks used to produce clinical and commercial biopharmaceutical products. This role will involve performing cell bank testing oversight activities, including identifying required tests, working with contract testing laboratories to manage testing submissions and providing technical review and interpretation of results.
As a Senior Associate S cientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
It is your hard work and commitment that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Coordinate cell bank/bulk harvest testing, including creation of specifications, submission of samples to testing laboratories and review/documentation of results.
- Maintain all related data and records in compliance with cGMPs and quality procedures.
- Collaborate with team members and Quality Assurance to ensure all cell bank testing-related quality and compliance requirements are met.
- Author technical documents and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Support testing-related investigations and new method evaluations as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree (+3 years of experience) or Master's Degree in Biology or related scientific discipline
- Experience in a biologics manufacturing or laboratory environment
- Good understanding of mammalian/microbial cell culture
- Good documentation skills with high attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with cGMP requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with cell banking-related activities
- Knowledge and practical application of microbiological/viral testing methods and molecular biology methods
Perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysisNON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Occasional work-related travel may be needed.
Other Job Details:
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Eligible for Relocation Package: NO
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development