Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your significant experience of applying knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of the discipline will make you a critical member of the team.
This is a laboratory-based position within the Vaccine Research and Development Analytical Development Group. The individual will provide routine sample testing, assay verification and qualification studies support of early vaccine development. Assays include standard analytical separations (HPLC, CE, etc.) and spectroscopic techniques (UV-Vis, DLS). How You Will Achieve It
- In this position the individual will perform analytical method qualification/verification and routine sample testing in support of early-phase vaccine candidates. This includes preparing samples, setting up and running the instruments, and analyzing data.
- Document experiments, analyze data, and provide conclusions obtained from sample testing contemporaneously in either an electronic or paper notebook as directed.
- With guidance, the individual will execute assay verification and qualification studies used in the release and routine analysis of vaccine candidates.
- With guidance, draft and revise laboratory methods and reports.
- Support assay training and transfer of methods.
- Plan daily workflow to complete the tasks/experiments outlined by the supervisor.
- Where applicable, perform job responsibilities in compliance with GLP requirements.
- The individual is expected to contribute and participate in general laboratory maintenance activities (such as maintenance of equipment, managing laboratory waste).
- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline plus 2 or more years of related work experience, or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- Technical proficiencies in liquid chromatography (HPLC/UPLC) and spectroscopy (UV/VIS, Fluorescence) . Previous experience with characterization of biomolecules is a plus.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Motivated, detail -oriented, with good laboratory skills.
- Previous experience with characterization of biomolecules
Standard conditions - sitting, standing NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
40 hours per weekOTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development