We are seeking to hire a motivated individual for a post-doctoral fellow position in the laboratory of Dr. Dere in the Center for Precision Environmental Health (CPEH). Dr. Dere's research focuses on the cytoskeletal intersection of chromatin remodelers and tumor suppressors with special emphasis on renal cell carcinoma. Interested individuals will be contributing to research at the forefront of understanding molecular mechanisms that govern the life of epigenetic regulators as they serve novel roles on the cytoskeleton during mitosis and in quiescence at the primary cilium. The goal of these studies will be to identify precision-medicine strategies in cancers with dysregulated remodelers and/or chromosome 3p loss.
The post-doctoral fellow will be involved in research across a broad range of genetics, epigenetics, cell and molecular biology as well as biochemistry. The individual will incorporate cutting-edge microscopy techniques on instruments available in the Center including super-resolution microscopes. Research would include performing biochemical experiments and image acquisition and analysis. This position is ideal for an individual who has training in cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, epigenetics, or advanced microscopy techniques and will be responsible for data generation and analysis. The candidate will also contribute data to grant submissions and publish manuscripts. The position also requires the individual to work with rodent animal models.Job Duties
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigator.
- Trains and supervises less experienced research staff.
- Defines problems and possible solutions.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Doctoral Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or other Biomedical Sciences.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN