We are seeking a dynamic experienced professional to lead overall medical strategy and execution of the US Medical Affairs (USMA) independent medical education (IME) grant process and design and execute strategic plans with cross-functional teams, working across boundaries to successfully meet objectives.
The Director, IME & Grants will ensure the overall strategic plan and grants funded by USMA are medically rigorous and compliant with the standards and compliance guidance of the Office of Inspector General (OIG), the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) Code, the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and other national accrediting body standards for commercial support, as well as applicable GSK policies and guidelines.
The Director, IME & Grants will also develop and direct risk management, process improvement, and simplification efforts for complex grant-related initiatives that promote and support development of the highest-quality and transparent business strategies that optimally utilize GSK resources.Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and lead overall IME grant strategy and execution across key functional areas in the US, while collaborating and aligning with the broader organization on key healthcare issues of importance for healthcare professionals and patients
- Lead USMA grant process execution and oversight, including USMA Strategy and Grant Review Team, multi-million-dollar grant budgets, control documentation, training, monitoring, and reporting
- Serve as an expert resource for medical strategy, educational design, and adult learning; provide clinical and scientific advice, adult education expertise, and overall guidance regarding the quality and integrity of medical grant proposals to encourage the highest quality funding decisions to demonstrate GSK's commitment to improving patient health
- Identify innovative strategies to improve healthcare professional knowledge, competence, and performance gaps to improve patient health outcomes
- Develop senior level relationships with external organizations and internal stakeholders to identify healthcare gaps and performance/quality improvement opportunities for GSK support
- Lead overall engagement with external organizations and internal stakeholders regarding USMA grant strategy, process, and communication
- Serve as primary communication lead for internal stakeholders to advocate for funding of the highest quality initiatives to improve patient health
- Execute medical review of US Country Medical Director-accountable grants and provide US Medical review and approval of grants; provide guidance and advice regarding medical rigor and compliance with GSK policies/guidelines and applicable US laws and regulations
- Lead successful execution of the Grant Management System
- Design and lead strategies that address grant-related regulatory requirements to enable complete and accurate data reporting per GSK voluntary and statutory requirements
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in scientific, medical, or clinical area of focus
- 5+ years relevant IME/CME experience
- Educational and/or work experience in science, medical, or pharmaceutical field
- Experience with grants and IME/CME, including knowledge of the regulatory environment and application of the PhRMA Code, relevant FDA and OIG guidance, and ACCME and other national accrediting body standards for commercial support
- Experience leading and executing Grant Management Systems, with technical skills
- Highly ethical and accountable for actions, with strong work ethic and integrity
- Strong leadership, strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills, enhanced with the ability to be innovative, work under pressure, adjust to shifting priorities, and adhere to deadlines
- Strong leadership skills, including ability to develop and implement complex strategic plans with cross-functional teams and work across boundaries to successfully meet objectives
- Strong organizational, project, and time management skills, including ability to work independently and proactively identify needs/gaps and solutions to close those gaps
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills, with strong attention to detail and ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of the organization
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced degree in scientific, medical, or clinical area of focus
- Experience with educational design and adult learning principals
- Ability to remain up to date on knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures and demonstrate the ability to develop, interpret, and execute them
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record