A Medical Information Manager plays a critical role in ensuring that MI content is scientifically balanced, evidence-based, up to date and meets the scientific needs of customers to help inform clinical care and formulary access decisions and other strategies which can have significant impact on the appropriate use of GSK products. The Medical Information Manager has a deep understanding of the product/s and therapeutic area and serves as an influential partner to both the Medical Affairs and Commercial organizations.
A Medical Information Manager will need to possess a baseline understanding of business priorities and the scientific evidence requirements of Health Care Providers (HCPs) and understand how HCPs and population-based decision makers are using scientific evidence to inform decisions, deploy population-management programs and cost containment strategies, and control new product coverage/use.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Creating, updating and/or reviewing medical information content on GSK products to ensure complex scientific content is summarized in a concise, simple and balanced manner utilizing the highest level of evidence and critically evaluating the data and literature.
- Planning and maintaining a robust and up to date MI database including launch readiness plans that meets the scientific needs of customers through partnership with key stakeholders
- Maintain deep scientific and therapeutic expertise on assigned products and understanding of MI requirements across geographies.
- Creating and updating US medical information payer content by collaborating and building a strong relationship with our partners (US Medical Affairs Leader, US Health Outcomes, Legal) so that payer and managed care organizations have the necessary resources they need to make decisions regarding GSK products.
- Collaborating with internal business partners (e.g. Medical Affairs, Medical Affairs Field Liaisons) to create topic specific presentations to be used reactively or proactively with HCPs to share new information regarding a GSK product/disease state or help fulfill knowledge gaps.
- Primary Medical sign off for the review of promotional materials to ensure compliance with relevant SOPs and written standards.
- Contributing actively in a Therapeutic Area cross-functional team to discuss strategic priorities of GSK product(s), to ensure appropriate resources (e.g., medical information content) are available to meet the priorities, and to present relevant medical insights and current trends based on fulfillment of medical information content.
- Impart product and disease training to the relevant US medical and/sales teams and Global MI staff as needed.
- Actively participating in Medical Information Workstreams to develop best practices, ways of working and continuous development and improvement for Medical Information deliverables.
Basic Qualifications :
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Pharm.D, PhD or equivalent.
- 2-years post-graduate clinical/pharmaceutical industry experience
- Strong clinical literature evaluation skills
- Experience summarizing complex scientific literature, real-world evidence, CER, and other observational research studies for scientific evaluation needs by various customer types
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to operate in a highly dynamic, changing, and matrixed environment
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, trusted relationships with internal partners locally and globally
- Demonstrated customer-focus, problem solving abilities and strong conflict resolution skills
- 2 plus years of experience developing scientific or medical information material for HCPs, Payers, Patients, Public Health Authorities or Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) customers (directly or indirectly) in a global/local communications role
- 3-5 years of extensive and relevant scientific experience (communicating and translating scientific evidence) in a pharmaceutical, managed care, or Health System setting
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience managing or participating in large projects
- Experience influencing internal and external stakeholders on priorities and needs to fill scientific data gaps or needs of HCPs, Payers, Patients, IDN, Public Health Authorities or Government Customer
- Experience communicating and translating evidence and customer insights to/with matrix team partners; proven ability to develop innovative, customer-focused medical solutions and resources.
- Previous experience in Respiratory or Immunology.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record