As a Pfizer Associate scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
The key purpose of this position is to support experimental evaluation and formulation development of early candidate small molecule substrate. The scientist will be required to generate key physical-chemical, in vitro and formulation performance data. The scientist will conduct pre-formulation and formulation experiments and generate data that will be used to influence Discovery teams with desirable drug delivery and performance properties. The scientist may also conduct experiments related to characterization of solid form of the small molecules of interest. An awareness of organic chemistry, physical chemistry, analytical chemistry and as well as an understanding of various analytical instrumentation is desired.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Conducts and optimizes routine laboratory physicochemical experiments e.g. HPLC, spectroscopy, excipient and materials compatibility, dosage form characterization, solubility determinations, formulation development studies, dissolution testing, suspension preparation and analysis etc.
- Support the development and preparation of fit for purpose preclinical formulations (traditional and enabling) to enable robust candidate selection and progression
- Analyzes data, summarizes findings in reports and electronic notebook
- Works under supervision with regular review of achievement of results and methods used; identifies issues, seeks and evaluates options to design experiments and solve problems with particular practical situations within their competency.
- Utilizes technical knowledge to design or control experiments e.g. IVIVC experiments, selection of excipients grades or processing conditions, develops own protocols, orders materials, coordinates material and equipment required to complete the task
- Independently performs experiments/operates equipment; issues technical reports and technical presentations after review from supervisor; uses established procedures, technologies, and methodologies; frequently reduces to practice novel approaches to formulation and drug delivery
- Assesses test methods, procedures, processes, etc. to identify improvements and alternative approaches with appropriate guidance and use of the literature.
- Supports novel research into in vitro formulation performance, novel drug delivery systems; able to adopt new technologies and procedures and apply to their work.
- BS is science field such as Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, or Physical Chemistry with 0-3 years of relevant experience of working in a research laboratory outside of school.
- Strong background and understanding of basic principles of physical, organic and analytical chemistry
- Ability to independently conduct routine laboratory physicochemical experiments e.g. HPLC, spectroscopy, excipient and materials compatibility, dosage form processing, solubility determinations, process development studies, dissolution testing, freeze-dry processing, suspension processing
- Ability to analyze experimental data and write summary reports. Ability to present data and technical summary to project teams
- Excellent organizational and communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
Sitting, standing in a laboratory setting, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform data analysis NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Occasional travel required between Pfizer site in Cambridge, MA. Other Job Details
Relocation Support Available
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Last Day to Apply: June 23, 2022
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development