Are you interested in the development and effective implementation of biomarker strategy to support projects across clinical development for novel assets in our new and emerging area of Oncology of interest, Synthetic Lethality and Epigenetics? Are you searching for a position where you will be working as a key contributor to clinical matrix team (CMT), medicines development team and leading development and integration of biomarker strategy into clinical development plans? If so, the Director Clinical Biomarkers Oncology role within Experimental Medicine Unit (EMU)
could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Represent biomarker group at Development Teams and/or Clinical Matrix Teams (CMT). As part of the MDT/CMT, establishing clear biomarker driven decision-making criteria to enable clinical development.
- Identify cutting edge science and technological advances and incorporate them into biomarker strategies to guide indication selection, patient enrichment, and combination strategies.
- Develop translational analysis plan and ensure its seamless incorporation into clinical study design and alignment with clinical study objectives.
- Provide input to clinical teams on biomarker-related elements of study trial design and conduct and incorporating biomarkers into clinical protocols, lab manuals and consent forms.
- Oversight and/or development of sample testing plan and delivery of high-quality biomarker data packages to inform clinical development and regulatory strategy.
- Manage effective working relationships with clinical operations, medical science, medical affair, regulatory, portfolio management and commercial functions
- Establish and manage external collaborations with leading academic groups, diagnostic partners, and CROs
- Contribute to scientific credibility of company through contributions to the scientific literature (publications/presentations)
- Establish and deliver budget plans for biomarkers to MDT.
- Working with Research Unit biology lead and EMU companion diagnostic lead to ensure alignment of preclinical, clinical biomarker strategies and CDx strategy
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD degree in a related discipline
- 3 or more years of experience in Oncology Clinical Biomarkers and Translation Research
- Extensive experience makingcontributions to biomarker discovery and implementation of biomarker strategy into clinical development
- Highly experienced in conducting biomarker analyses on various clinical sample types
- Experience in conducting clinical trials and working as part of a clinical study team and other matrix teams
- Experience with authoring clinical and regulatory documents
- Up to date knowledge and deep understanding of major molecular and genomic assay technologies and platforms
- Knowledge and track-record of working to GCP principles
- Ability to influence teams and key stakeholders with a proven track record of success
- Having a strong sense of urgency and excellent skills in prioritization, planning as well as timely execution in a very fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a matrix environment
- Dependable and trustworthy, willing to take ownership and responsibility
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record