The global DMPK organization at GSK is looking for a senior scientist (Grade 6) to join the Discovery DMPK Project Specialist group in the US. This group is predominantly responsible for DMPK representation in all Discovery projects in the GSK pipeline in the US. The individual will be a member of this US-based group and ensure that our DMPK science is embedded in Discovery projects across all modalities to which they are assigned. As a senior scientist in the DMPK organization, reporting to the Director, Discovery Project Specialists US, the candidate needs to ensure that world class DMPK science is driving the translational understanding of drug disposition and PKPD in projects they are assigned to in a collaborative manner with key stakeholders in other departments.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Provide DMPK input into Discovery stage projects of multiple modalities at our main US research site.
- Implement best practices and share insight across the DMPK specialists group to help drive and embed strategic direction.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relations with key stakeholders in Discovery project teams, in order to ensure strategic alignment and optimal within project functional collaboration and communication.
- Ensure that translational PKPD approaches and appropriate screening cascades with multiparametric optimization are being applied to their assigned Discovery projects in collaboration with other groups in DMPK.
- Responsible for coordinating and delivering high-quality DMPK contributions to technical documents for the project they support.
- Efficiently manage their time and project requests for DMPK assays to ensure optimal support of their projects across different modalities in the GSK Discovery pipeline.
- Actively support cross DMPK initiatives as a representative from the project specialists group in order to drive DMPK science and operations within GSK.
Preferred Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be/have
- PhD in field relevant to DMPK (e.g. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Pharmacokinetics or Drug Metabolism)
- FIve or more years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Two or more years experience apgy state-of-the-art DMPK science in projects to enable the discovery of new medicines.
- Two or more years experience managing DMPK related project resources and budgets.
- In-depth experience in DMPK representation in Discovery projects with different modalities (e.g. small molecule, mAb) through excellent communication skills and collaboration.
- Experience in applying state-of-the-art DMPK concepts in the successful discovery of drug candidates through efficient screening cascades such as multiparametric optimization, translational PKPD and human dose optimization strategies.
- Experience in leveraging modeling approaches and predictive science in Discovery projects to accelerate timelines and increase probability of success.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships and build partnerships with peers in DMPK.
- An enthusiastic collaborator with a proven track record of building relationships and supporting high-performing teams from multiple disciplines.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record