The Department of Medicine, Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas is seeking a Research Administrative Associate to oversee all administrative and operational aspects of a clinical research program. In addition, this position will assist with managing large multi-site clinical trials and consortia, specifically the national RADIANT (Rare And Atypical Diabetes Network) study. The Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism research program has innovative research protocols related to complications of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity and endocrine disease. Our faculty works diligently in developing new treatments to support clinical and translational research programs. The role will be located at the Houston Medical Center Building (Travis Building). Ideal candidate will have research coordinator and participant recruitment experience in a hospital/clinical setting.
www.atypicaldiabetesnetwork.org Job Duties
Research Administration 35%
- Liaison between the Principal Investigator and BCM research administration.
- Handle contracts and invoices for the Clinical Research Center and Metabolic Research Unit.
- Coordinate the submission of grants, including pre and post award management.
- Participate in budgeting activities and maintain/track study supplies, orders, accounts and vendor contracts.
Clinical Research 25%
- Ensure timely IRB submissions and renewals and maintain up-to-date approvals.
- Track study recruitment and participant visits (adult and pediatric) at the different Baylor locations where participant study visits are conducted and maintain clinical site schedules.
- Ensure Protocol implementation and report protocol deviations and adverse events.
Clinical Site Management 25%
- Responsible for organizing meeting schedules, agendas at local and study-wide levels of the consortium.
- Maintain clinical site schedules.
- Coordinate Texas Children's and Baylor research Site operations.
- Manage databases of study-wide participants.
- Coordinate and participate in committee calls and work with PI and research staff to accomplish study deliverables.
- Collaborate with study-wide leadership in all aspects of project management as a lead Center of the RADIANT study.
- Collaborate with other project managers and the Data Coordinating Center of the consortium.
- Provide training and guidance to research coordinators and staff to ensure study protocols are performed appropriately.
- Ensure daily operations are followed according to BCM's policies.
- Provide training and guidance to local staff as needed.
- Review and approve time off request.
Grants management 5%
- Assist PI to prepare federal contracts and subcontract submissions internally.
- Serve as liaison between PI and Research administration to coordinate applications and create/execute sub-award agreements.
- Gather and create documents necessary for grant submission including budgets, budget justification, other support, statement of work, and communicate time lines to investigator to ensure applications are submitted on time to central office for review and approval.
- Ensure investigators and applications are compliant with all regulations.
- Bachelor's degree. Certified Research Administrator certification through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Two years of experience in a research administration setting working on federal award/grant management, clinical trial coordination and project management.
- Experience in multi-site clinical trials.
- Experience recruiting and retaining study participants.
- Competence in research design, planning and implementation.
- Experience as a clinical research coordinator, preferably with a leadership role related to compliance, budgeting and research administration.
- Fluency in Spanish desirable.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; SN