Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions. About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Immediate need for a Research Associate II at Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope. This is a fast-paced laboratory involved in cutting-edge technology, research and clinical immunotherapeutic programs. We will train new personnel in project specific techniques and procedures. Work hours may vary. Please visitCAR T Cell TherapyProgram website for more information.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Cell culture including application of aseptic techniques for media compounding, passaging, maintenance and cryopreservation of cell cultures (e.g., T cell and tumor cell lines)
- Sample preparation for flow cytometric analysis and immunohistochemistry
- Functional characterization of T cells
- Performance of T cell-based assays (e.g., flow cytometry, ELISA)
- Preclinical animal modeling (e.g. mouse and human tumor therapeutic studies); assisting in revising/maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Manage essential day-to-day laboratory operations (i.e. lab supply/reagent purchasing, equipment/instrument maintenance) under the supervision of the PI
- Work with a dynamic research team to advance laboratory research efforts.
Preferred education, experience and skills:
- Two years related research/laboratory experience with a Bachelor's degree or one year related research/ laboratory experience with a Master's degree
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in lab work as well as accurate recordkeeping and lab documentation is a must
- Excellent computer skills.
- Master's degree
- Priority will be given to candidates with previous experience in mouse handling, sterile techniques and tissue culturing.
For more information on Dr. Saul Priceman's research, please clickhere.
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
To apply to the position, please send your CV/Resume to Dr. Saul Priceman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.