***This position is per diem***About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Performs a wide variety of ultrasound imaging and ultrasound guided procedures while following patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs. Participates in CQI activities.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Performs a wide variety of ultrasound examinations and ultrasound guided procedures, with or without radiologist's assistance.
- Adapts to ultrasound equipment technology, utilizing appropriate technical factors and required exam specific protocols to deliver quality images.
- Prepares room, equipment and necessary information. Follows established procedure workflow to deliver quality and thorough patient information and exam specific documentation.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Informs the patient of the procedure to be completed and instructs them on participation necessary in order to produce an optimal exam. Transports between Ultrasound unit to patient's room as necessary.
- Observes patient for any unusual reactions or events, before, during and after procedure. Takes appropriate action following established guidelines.
- Performs other department related duties as assigned.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Certification from an accredited Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound School and/or Program.
- 1 year in diagnostic imaging preferred, however new graduates with adequate clinical internship are considered
- AMA approved school of Medical Sonography
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS Certification) BLS from American Heart Association
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.