About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Independently executes a broad range of operational, administrative, and support activities for Hope and Parson's Village, and offsite City of Hope patient housing locations. Specific tasks include booking reservations, assisting patients with check-ins and check-outs, billing, assist with facility management, customer service, interfacing with financial assistance office, social work, case management, nursing; arranging transportation. Works independently and has a detailed knowledge of the Hope Village activities, policies, and procedures. Performs research, analyzes bookings, and makes patient housing recommendation based on policies and procedures. Has high level of interpersonal communication skills and enjoys working with patients and families. Supports and manages Hope Village report preparation as needed. Support other activities and duties as required.
Hope and Parson's Village, offsite hotel management and administration.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Delivers primary functions of the Hope Village front office, which includes face-to-face and phone interactions with patients, families, nurse coordinators, case managers, social work. Books reservations according to Hope Village policy; invoices patients; checks patients out; handles customer service questions; assists with facility management. Serves as point person for all patients and family residing in Hope Village and offsite hotels. Requires ability to work independently. Resolves routine and complex inquiries using current policies and procedures
- Assists with Hope Village weekly reports and patient stay summaries. Has strong computer skills and can deliver reports using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Serves as transportation logistics coordinator: oversees daily transportation needs of Hope Village and offsite hotel patients, both on campus and off campus, using both campus shuttle and contracted offsite transportation vendors.
- Assists with processing of invoices for contracts and miscellaneous purchase orders. This may require assisting with generating purchase order modifications on occasion as required to adjust contract amounts as occasionally needed.
- Helps establish and accomplish office priorities through personal organization and time management and support of Hope Village priorities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of experience in a business office, preferably in a healthcare environment. A combination of an advanced educational degree and experience may substitute.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.