At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what's next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture - solving the world's food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people and environment first.
The Input Trait Discovery group, located in Johnston, IA, has an exciting opportunity for a Leader - Integrated Assay Systems, who is willing to push the boundaries of lab automation to build, support and lead a world class platform for high-throughput bioassays.
As a leader, you will be a go-to leader in automated bioassays, and your scientific expertise will be relied upon to provide strategic solutions that meet the accuracy and throughput needed to support Input Traits Discovery projects. You will be part of cross-functional teams and responsible for delivering reliable assay results to enable pipeline decisions. This role presents a great opportunity for candidates who have a passion for applied industrial research, have a high-throughput-data-oriented mindset, and who like to evaluate and implement state-of-the-art technologies in lab automation to improve assay efficiency and accuracy.
Responsibilities - How will you help us grow?
- Deliver reliable assays and results at the appropriate accuracy/scale needed to support discovery efforts in insecticidal proteins and herbicide tolerance genes
- Lead development of new assays needed by the discovery teams
- Develop strategies to automate processes and workflows across multiple biological disciplines and laboratories
- Collaborate and lead the development of data analytics including statistical analysis and AI-based solutions
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to evaluate and implement novel automation technologies
Requirements - What expertise have you grown?
- PhD in biological sciences or related scientific field
- Post-doctoral experience from a reputed university or lab with proven scientific track-record of publications and/or patents
- 10+ years of experience in industry settings and/or applied research areas within academia
- Track record of implementing solutions for interpreting high-throughput assay results using data analytics and modern AI-based systems
- Understanding of statistical design and analysis
- Familiarity with protein engineering is desired
- Experience in entomology is desired
Check out life at Corteva!
Let's peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Johnston, Iowa campus is home to 2,500 employees whose mission is simple - to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we're taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, deli, fresh salad bar and a variety of healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful, tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and holiday events. Did we mention you'll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology with colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you're at work.
Des Moines, Iowa is the fastest-growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest with a nationally ranked high quality of living. It's nicknamed the Silicon Prairie for its place as an up-and-coming hot spot for technology. Living here means Saturdays at the nationally renowned Downtown Farmers' Market, sporting events, a robust downtown night life and access to one of the most artistic medium sized cities. If you enjoy the outdoors, Des Moines offers beautiful nature trails for a casual walking, running or biking adventures.
It means going to a job you love and coming home to a community of friends and family. Communities care about their residents and residents care about their communities, making a difference for everyone who lives here. This is a place where culture flourishes and opportunities grow, where a work-life balance can be achieved, where education is unmatched, and award-winning arts and entertainment are right around the corner.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
- Accessibility Page for Contact Information
- For US Applicants: See the ‘Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.