Dr. David Durgan's research focuses on understanding how bacteria residing in the gut can affect cardiovascular health. Dr. Durgan is seeking a research technician to assist in managing the lab and conducting experiments.Job Duties
• Assists in general lab maintenance, including autoclaving, preparing buffers, cleaning glassware.
• Performs basic molecular biology methods (e.g. real-time qPCR, Western blots, cell culture), and train others in these methods.
• Handles ordering and instrument scheduling.
• Maintains detailed lab notebook and write experimental protocols.
• Maintains logs of research animals.
• Maintains laboratory website.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.