The Center for Precision Environmental Health (CPEH) is seeking a highly motivated individual to assist with the administrative functions of funded grant awards. Under the supervision of the Center Administrator, this position will be the main point of contact for post-award activities that include regular review, reconciliation, projection of award finances, preparing adjustments and corrections to award budgets, and preparing financial reports. At the end of the award, the Research Administration Specialist will be responsible for ensuring all financial requirements have been met and closing out the award. This role requires regular interaction with faculty members. He/she will deliver high quality customer service and conduct sponsored research. The Research Administration Specialist will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and will to adhere to quality standards and all relevant policies and award regulations.
The CPEH encourages and advocates for professional development, including participation in professional research administration organizations such as NCURA and is supportive of candidates seeking CRA certification.Job Duties
- Prepares, manages, and updates all HR actions related to research personnel
- Reviews and reconciles award expenditures and budgets, working with Center Administrator and/or faculty to make adjustments, as necessary
- Projects and forecasts future award expenditures, including preparing budgets for Progress Reports
- Manages budget, account setup, reporting, and compliance timelines through the lifecycle of the grant or contract
- Pre-reviews Effort Reporting
- Drafts sub-contracts, and other post-award documents/agreements for signature in collaboration with the Sponsored Programs Office
- Prepares and updates support documents for faculty as needed
- Ensures faculty and grants are research compliant under IACUC, COI, RCR, etc. regulations
- Communicates with PIs on a regular basis regarding budget projections, expense adjustments, and revisions
- Assists with No Cost Extensions, carryover, re-budgeting requests, changes in scope, and other changes to the award
- Elevates any concerns to the Center Administrator
- Submits and monitors applications through the grant life cycle to include interpreting requirements and making recommendations to supported faculty
- Approves and monitors financial transactions and activities of faculty grant accounts by reviewing and reconciling accounts
- Develops and prepares grant reports
- Contributes to developing and monitoring grant project timelines
- Creates sub-contracts and other relevant documents in collaboration with the Sponsored Programs Office
- Tracks and communicates NIH guidelines regarding progress report and close out documents
- Ensures that each application is in compliance with sponsor guidelines, the budget complies with college and sponsor requirements, and that all required sections of applications are complete and submitted in a timely manner
- High School diploma or GED
- Four years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree. No experience required with Bachelor's degree or Certified Research Administrator certification through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC).
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.