Looking for a new challenge?
Are you a researcher looking for a new challenge, stabilize and grow your team?
Perhaps your current tenure is coming to an end, maybe you are looking for a double affiliation or you are just ready for a change.
Would you like to take on the challenge of leading a big project and seeing it grow?
What is this all about?
The University of Salamanca, Spain, is looking for a researcher to join the AgriEnvironmental Campus to bring new and excellent research lines aligned with the future of agriculture, sustainability and environmental challenges that face our society.
CIALE agrobiotechnology research institute is a reference centre at one of the largest agricultural regions in Europe, Castilla y León.
What is CIALE Agrobiotechnology Research Institute?
A university research institute founded in 2000, to unite, support and promote research and training carried out at Salamanca University in agriculture associated scientific fields.
It is supported with funding from the regional government of Castilla y León. CIALE is located at the outskirts of the very liveable City of Salamanca.
- You have a background in plant biotechnology, microbiology, bioinformatics, sustainability, crop science, bioeconomy or environmental sciences or any another area related to the future of agricultural research.
- You are a researcher on a current ERC project, perhaps with an A-Grade Qualification, or with the confidence to obtain an ERC project soon.
- You would like to take your career in a new direction and are ready for some stability.
If any of this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please contact Manolo Castellano, our Recruiting Manager via the APPLY button to have a first conversation and know more about this project.
What can Salamanca University offer you?
You would be incorporated into the AgriEnvironmental Campus, heading a laboratory, and leading your independent research strategy:
- An initial salary of 50,000 to 65,000 euros gross per annum.
- A start-up package of 200,000 euros per annum to form your team of researchers.
- An additional 60% on top of the salary for overheads if or when you have an active ERC grant.
Not sure you are ready for a move?
We are seeking to expand the AgriEnvironmental Campus and are keen to see our researchers grow and develop with us. Our goal is to attract people with leadership skills, excellent track record and motivated to create long-lasting impacts. In return, we can offer the following incentives:
- The possibility of a stable tenure at the university via I3 for the successful candidate.
- The option of double affiliation if you are unsure about leaving your current tenure.
- A position tailored to the candidate
- A personal consultant specialised in ERC projects to assist you in attracting or renewing grants.
- The opportunity to become one of the main researchers in your field of research at Salamanca University
- Funding from the regional government, to support this Centre of Excellence in Castilla y León