The Department of Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, is looking to hire an competent and reliable Research Assistant I to manage day to day operations of projects for Dr. Jalal's research projects. This position requires conducting research experiments and overseeing multiple ongoing projects. The candidate will focus on Hepatology research, presenting data to PI weekly. It is the responsibility of this candidate to support the PI for various studies, existing and initiating new, to continue to support the College's Research Mission.Job Duties
- Assist with Grant Writing, IRB submission, and regulatory procedure
- Conduct research experiments to help PI meet grant deliverables
- Consent, Collect and analyze data for ongoing and new clinical trials, presenting weekly to PI
- Initiate new awards and protocols
- Conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study, and assist in manuscript writing and publication
- Administrate and manage research procedures
- Oversee lab equipment and lab space
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Organized, self-motivated, teamwork, works well under pressure, multitasking
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.