The Staff Scientist will work on a project exploring how the microbiome impacts brain development and function. The Staff Scientist will be involved in investigating how mice respond to different microbiomes in terms of affects on behavior, learning, memory, and associated brain structures. Duties will include performing mouse behavior assays and/or analyzing different aspects of brain development (e.g. synapse development and refinement, myelination). Job Duties
- Collect, analyze, and document experiment results.
- Perform different learning and memory-related behavioral testing on mice and performing brain extraction, sectioning, immunohistochemistry, confocal imaging, and image analysis to investigate different aspects of brain development.
- Plans, directs and conducts research experiments.
- May conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- Doctoral Degree. Experience may not be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Three years of post doctoral research experience.
- Experience handling mice
- Experience performing immunohistochemistry and image analysis
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.