The Laboratory of Neuroimaging (lab chief: Nora D. Volkow, MD) in the NIAAA intramural program is recruiting a post-doctoral researcher (PhD, MD or MD/PhD) to conduct multimodal neuroimaging and neuropsychological research in substance use disorders within the Clinical Research Center on the main NIH campus in Bethesda, MD.
We are hiring a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow who has a strong interest in the link between brain function, genetics and behavior in substance use disorder. We conduct structural, functional and neurochemical imaging studies in human subjects using PET, MRI, simultaneous PET/MRI, and EEG.
Responsibilities: Fellow will assist with study design and implementation, data analysis, and publication of findings. In addition, the fellow will work on secondary data projects and will have the opportunity to develop their own research questions related to substance use disorders.
Position location: Bethesda, Maryland.
Position starting time: October 22, 2022
Duration: This is a full time 5 year appointment with year-to-year renewal based on satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
- PhD, MD or MD/PhD in neuroscience or related field (MD should be eligible for state board in US).
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat Professional software applications.
- Some experience in Linux/Matlab/C/Perl/Python programming as well neuroimaging analysis tools (eg. AFNI, FSL, SPM, FreeSurfer, MincTools) would be a plus.
- Interest and/or expertise in some of the following topics: Brain physiology, Task-based and resting-state fMRI analyses, EEG data acquisition and analysis
- Research-dedicated 3T Siemens Prisma MRI with stimulus presentation suite Simultaneous PET/MRI MRI-compatible EEG, TMS, actinometer Computing core and advanced neuroimaging analysis tools
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter describing your interest and rationale for pursuing a postdoc. Resume/CV. Three references with contact information. Two writing samples. Should demonstrate ability to communicate complex concepts in plain language (e.g., research summary for website or lay audience).
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Employer Name: NIAAA
Position Location: Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Application Deadline Date: September 01, 2022
The NIH is dedicated to building a diverse community in its training and employment programs.