This is a part time hourly position that involves night shifts at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center to coordinate the evening and overnight research activities of Dr. Christopher Verrico's research study. The selected candidate will collect blood samples at designated points during evening and overnight hours, ensure participant safety, and compliance with study procedures. This study will be enrolling military service members, veterans, and/or civillians in order to access pharmacokinetic interactions between ethanol and PT150.Job Duties
- Performs venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG's, and obtains vital signs on study participants at designated points in the evening and overnight hours.
- Collects, enters, and processes participant information into a database.
- Collects, processes, and maintains paperwork for blood and biological specimens according to research procedure and protocol.
- Liaisons with the MEDVAMC to facilitate research procedures and ensure proper transfer of data.
- Explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Tends to patient needs including accompanying participants on snack and smoke breaks at the MEDVAMC throughout the evening and night.
- Schedules research participants for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Corresponds with patient throughout the study.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.