The Epidemiology Program is the largest program devoted to pediatric cancer epidemiology in the US. The Program currently has several funded research projects focused on pediatric cancer etiology and survivorship. This position provides much-needed support to several of these projects through the following activities. Coordinating day to day activities of research protocols for the Epidemiology program and supporting all research efforts of the program. Daily activities include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants as well as ensuring accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants. This individual should have excellent communication skills since study participants may be recruited in person, via phone, or email. Research coordinator will also be responsible for completing all relevant study documents, maintaining research charts, providing study updates, and completing study progress reports.Job Duties
- Interviews, screen and recruits patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Ensure research protocol objectives are being met and research activities meet institutional and regulatory standards.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents for research studies.
- Organizes study research documents following specific protocol guidelines.
- May correspond with patients throughout study.
- Work in a team environment with faculty and other staff members to ensure protocol objectives are being met.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.