Dr. Kelly Bijanki's Laboratory at Baylor College of Medicine is recruiting a postdoctoral scholar to lead a project on elucidating the neurophysiological mechanisms of affective and social dysfunction and the mechanisms by which deep brain stimulation achieves therapeutic benefit in Treatment-Resistant Depression. The first aim of this project is to develop new computational techniques to analyze the relationship between local field potential recordings and mood-related behavior. The second aim is to use brain stimulation to demonstrate directed modulation of mood in human subjects. This position will provide rigorous exposure and mentorship in the neurophysiology underlying psychiatric neuromodulation.Job Duties
- Assists in purchasing equipment and supplies, and in maintaining lab equipment.
- Interacts with research subjects, many of whom will be neurosurgical patients in the hospital.
- Assists in communicating between lab members regarding meetings, conferences, and maintaining schedules.
- Assists with communications with the IRB, including preparing, submitting, and maintaining IRB protocols.
- Interfaces with other regulatory authorities, including the FDA, to submit and maintain documents.
- Assists faculty in maintaining and organizing lab schedules, protocols, conferences, and other similar activities.
- Designs and conducts research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents and interprets results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- Develops and modifies computer programs.
- Selects and determines appropriate research procedures.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- Assigns activities to less experienced research staff.
- Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Candidates with exceptional prior experience with intracranial electrophysiological analysis and good prior experience with human neuroimaging will be the best fit for the role.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN