The Texas Children's Cancer and Hematology Centers (TXCH) Research Coordinator II is responsible for implementing and coordinating the day to day activities of clinical research protocols on the Long Term Survivor team. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of study volunteers. Serves as a liaison between subject, investigators, sponsors and other relevant healthcare professionals who are part of the research or patient care team.Job Duties
- Interview, screen and recruit patients for therapeutic and non-therapeutic studies; perform the subject consent process for biology, procurement and registry studies; explain process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collect patient information through direct patient interviews, questionnaires and chart abstractions; process documents and enters information into databases or case report forms.
- Collaborate with study team and physicians to assist in determining patient eligibility for research protocols.
- Collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol and SOPs. Maintains study records and regulatory documents for research studies.
- May schedule research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol; retrieve and submit test results to appropriate party.
- Order supplies and equipment.
- Accountable for accurate research order entry into Epic Beacon/review of orders with providers to ensure everything has been entered correctly and confirms that they were indeed collected.
- Coordinate Site Monitoring visits with protocol sponsor, study team, regulatory department, investigational pharmacy, and Principal Investigator.
- Perform neurocognitive testing.
- Work directly with multiple departments to coordinate diagnostic procedures.
- Facilitate the study start up process, including: Draft multiple study documents to initiate the study start up process (ex. create a Manual of Operations for all protocols, complete the application to use the CRC unit; prepare the RTSS Service Form which outlines all research sample requirements for the study, etc.).
- Organize and set up Site Selection and Site Initiation Visits - work with outside monitors and coordinate schedules with various departments around the institution.
- Collaborate with study team and physicians.
- Prepare study-specific reports and queries for investigators and administrators.
- Effectively prioritize and manage work activities according to study protocol.
- Consult with team members to ensure study time-points are met.
- Volunteer to assist team with overflow duties.
- Seek guidance from Clinical Research Manager for additional assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Five years of relevant experience in a research setting without a Bachelor's degree.
- Requires effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires proficiency with computers, internet and Microsoft Office applications.
- May require experience with computer spreadsheets and database management.
- May require the ability to understand and implement patient studies and protocols.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.