Coordinates day-to-day activities of complex and international clinical research studies. Ensures accurate data collection, information, documentation, organization and safety of study volunteers. The individual must be self-directed, detail-oriented, responsible, and a flexible professional able to quickly adapt to a variety of situations. Supervises, schedules and directs activities of less experienced research personnel.Job Duties
- Coordinates multi-site domestic and international clinical trials and may require potential travel to study sites to assist with study start up, site visits, and study close out.
- Recruits, advertises, and screens for research subjects.
- Determines subject eligibility for research protocols.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- Corresponds with subjects throughout study.
- Maintains records for clinical study and regulatory documents.
- Enters clinical data into electronic database.
- Performs literature searches and drafts literature reviews.
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled research and other staff meetings.
- Plans and organizes research protocols as designated by specific protocol guidelines.
- Prepares documentation necessary to obtain initial and continued approval for the specific research protocol.
- Composes and types study correspondence and other documentation.
- Conducts informed consent procedures and enrolls eligible research subjects.
- Attends procedures in clinic and collects data on case report as required per protocol.
- Works with multiple hospital information systems such as Epic, Brain, Access, Excel databases, Encore and Redcap.
- Accurately and precisely enters research data into case report form and study database.
- Works with PI on grant proposal submission and progress reports.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- Research Coordinator Certification (SOCRA or ACRP) preferred.
- Willing to travel internationally occasionally, as needed.
- Flexibility to work early mornings, late evenings, and weekends as necessary.
- Grant proposal submission experience a plus
- Advanced experience with computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and front-end database applications (RedCap, OnCore, Velos).
- Adheres to HIPPA and BCM research guidelines in protecting patient information and respecting the rights and wishes of research patients.
- Requires ability to understand and implement complex patient studies and protocols.
- High level attention to detail required.
- Works effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to multitask, plan project deliverables, and manage time effectively.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner, both orally and in writing with internal and external customers.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.