The St-Pierre lab ( stpierrelab.com ; Twitter: @StPierreLab) develops and applies new tools for perturbing and imaging the brain. We develop fluorescent indicators of neural activity (e.g., voltage indicators), light-gated proteins to control neural activity (e.g., optogenetic silencers), photostable fluorescent proteins (e.g., mGold YFP), and genetic circuits to control protein expression (e.g., Equalizers). We are looking for a motivated, organized, creative, and resourceful scientist with expertise in synthetic biology, protein engineering, advanced imaging, and/or machine learning and electrophysiology. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop cutting-edge molecular technologies, learn new skills, and be part of an enjoyable workplace. The St-Pierre lab values inclusivity and diversity.
Application Instructions: Please include a recent CV and the contact information for 3 references who can attest to your accomplishments and potential as a scientist. Please include your Ph.D. advisor as one of the two references (If there is an issue with including her/him, contact me or include an explanation in a cover letter). A short cover letter or paragraph explaining your interest in the position would be helpful but is not required.Job Duties
- Conduct and communicate research.
- Conducts research projects, both independently and with others.
- Purchases, sets up and maintains equipment necessary to conduct the research project.
- Teaches techniques, procedures, and experimental design to other members of the lab.
- Communicates research results during our group meetings and conferences.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Publishing experience: Candidates must have published or submitted a minimum of 1 first-author paper in a high-impact peer-reviewed English-language journal. (co-first authors are accepted). If you have a first-author manuscript in preparation (but not submitted), please include it in your CV (with the mention "in prep") or in a cover letter.
- Current PhD students expecting to obtain their degree within one year are encouraged to apply
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN