About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Performs the analysis and interpretation of financial data, compiles statistical reports on current financial developments and operating systems. Assists and supports the Corporate Budget Manager and the Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Plans, prepares and analyzes the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Prepares sufficient documentation and analysis for the hospital's budget packages.
- Prepares quarterly operational forecasts for current and future years using advanced statistical and modeling techniques.
- Implements new systems: including networks, software and hardware requirements for financial management information systems.
- Assists in the corporate long-range strategic planning.
- Assists in the formulation of the proforma financial statements.
- Business partner to management (at all levels) by providing financial and business analysis.
- Perform analysis to determine corrective course of action for negative variances.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- 5+ years in healthcare finance, including preparation of annual budgets and feasibility studies.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Training/experience in use of computerized management information systems
- Demonstrate analytical skills used in developing information for strategic planning decisions
- Balance figures
- Compile statistics
- Compose letters/memorandums
- Input data into computer programs
- Use computerized spreadsheets to conduct analyses
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.