About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary:
The Category Manager is responsible for developing and driving category specific strategies in their assigned category with a focus on "best value" and Total Cost of Ownership. Acting on own initiative, this position is responsible for driving strategic sourcing best practices, including RFx activities, establishing/maintaining supplier partnerships, and identifying supply risks and opportunities. Must be solution-focused, analytical, and have a strong bias for decision making rooted in data and analytics. Being comfortable with presenting data to stakeholders to promote the sourcing strategy is vital. The Category Manager will be part of a Strategic Sourcing team at a very well established, world-class cancer research and treatment organization.Key Responsibilities include:Category Management
- Facilitates best in class Category Management fundamentals to optimize price, quality, delivery, service level, and overall value.
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge assigned sourcing categories
- Leads RFx, negotiations, supplier sourcing, contract negotiations and compliance management for defined commodity groups through entirety.
- Provides category and spend informatics support and analysis of business operations and financial data to identify supply risks and opportunities with regard to total cost of ownership.
- Responsible for the category plan development, supply base evaluation, business case development, and risk/opportunity identification and handling
- Responsibilities also include the coordination and influence of supplier selection through the placement of strategic cross program long-term agreements
- Establish and lead cross functional teams to develop, execute and maintain cross company sourcing strategies driving acceptance and use of a consolidated strategic supply base
- Able to project influence in group settings and ability to express personal point of view in a constructive and direct manner
- Ability to identify issues and resources to effectively resolve problems
- Ability to display concise written and verbal communications to meet the needs of a diverse audience
- Ability to try new approaches and helps others through changes
- Strength in building relationships and strategic alliance; creates the right environment for teamwork
- Effectively brings complex negotiations to a successful conclusion through personal initiative and accountability, achieves timely and desired results by effectively and efficiently prioritizing tasks and projects
- Supports the Supplier Diversity efforts
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Develops , implements and manages contractual Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to hold Suppliers accountable.
- Facilitates quarterly business reviews with key suppliers and stakeholders.
- Enforces supplier compliance with standards, policies, and procedures of enterprise, procurement department, stakeholder department, and industry best practices.
- Foster Supplier Collaboration and accountability
- Bachelor's Degree in General Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, or related field.
- Six (6) or more years of work experience, specifically in the areas of Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, consulting or comparable functional experience.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement and supply chain related processes and systems.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.