We are seeking a self-motivated individual to work in a laboratory focused on the underlying genetics and molecular mechanisms of brain tumor formation and progression using human tumor tissue, cell culture and animal models. The Postdoctoral Associate will be required to prepare and conduct laboratory research experiments, including mouse management and cell culture experiments. In addition, the Postdoctoral Associate will be required to collect, compile and analyze data for specific projects.
This is a unique laboratory that leverages human tumor samples to understand the molecular biology of human meningiomas. There are lots of projects that involve bioinformatics and wet lab work, so individuals who can do both would flourish in this environment.Job Duties
- Assists in purchasing equipment and supplies and in maintaining lab equipment.
- Assists in communicating between lab members regarding meetings, conferences, and maintaining schedules.
- Assists with communications with the IRB, including preparing, submitting, and maintaining IRB protocols.
- Assists faculty in maintaining and organizing lab schedules, protocols, conferences, and other similar activities.
- Designs and conducts novel, hypothesis-driven research experiments.
- Performs mouse management and cell culture experiments
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents and interprets results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- Selects and determines appropriate research procedures.
- Banks tumor tissue.
- Conducts cell culture experiments.
- Molecular Biology and Biochemical Techniques.
- Organizes lab database.
- Maintains laboratory stocks of chemicals and reagents.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Experience handling mice or other rodents,
- Basic molecular biology experience, tissue and cell culture, and basic computer skills (Microsoft Office including use of Microsoft Access) to document, enter, analyze and present data.
- Knowledge of R or other programming is welcome.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN